From Chill to Darksynth

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all!

Normally my music stays with the more chill parts of synthwave, but this time around I've gone partly over to the dark side. If you like your synths melodic and semi-dark, you might like this too :)

https://soundcloud.com/eltorden/fearless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoUFTXVRmZU

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/2rWlBYgq ... b-WRY5ThAg

A lot of what you hear are synths from Synthmaster and Diva routed through NI GuitarRig. That creates massive and full sounds, but also leads to problems with mixing it properly.

Any feedback from fellow synth-lovers is always welcome! :)

My Feedback

Music - 9.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.5

Comments: Very cool track. Gotta tell me what kind of Guitar Rig processing you did on this one because this is freaking awesome sounding.

nice melody and harmony.
a bit too much reverb for my taste... u might find that you like it better if you reduce some of the reverb and replace it with longer ADSR releases, for a more direct sound. But that's just me. It might not work for your style.

Nevertheless, the emotion of the tune comes thru. good arrangement and melody and harmony.
I think hip-hop style drums would've been better than rock drums though. then, it would sound less dated, even though sounding dated is not a bad thing. you have a classic epic sound. don't get me wrong, i'm not slamming your tune, it's good. these are just some random ideas from some random guy on the internet. i can tell you worked hard on this tune. thanks for sharing it. it's still very impressive.
Download & play soothing music: https://soundcloud.com/wait_codec

You've got a lot going on here: bombast, drama, 80s production, and a great tune. All good things in my book. Nice job! :tu:

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 9.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.5

Comments: Very cool track. Gotta tell me what kind of Guitar Rig processing you did on this one because this is freaking awesome sounding.
Thats a lot of high numbers. Thanks! I'm especially surprised that you gave a 10 for the mix since I felt that was so difficult to get to work properly.

Some of the bass-synths use the preset "Big Monster", while the synths occupying the mid-range use "Atmo Git". The guitar-like synths use "80s Solo" (I was aiming for that 80s feel). All of the presets have only had som minor tweaking, so they are not changed too much.

NystagmusE wrote:nice melody and harmony.
a bit too much reverb for my taste... u might find that you like it better if you reduce some of the reverb and replace it with longer ADSR releases, for a more direct sound. But that's just me. It might not work for your style.

Nevertheless, the emotion of the tune comes thru. good arrangement and melody and harmony.
I think hip-hop style drums would've been better than rock drums though. then, it would sound less dated, even though sounding dated is not a bad thing. you have a classic epic sound. don't get me wrong, i'm not slamming your tune, it's good. these are just some random ideas from some random guy on the internet. i can tell you worked hard on this tune. thanks for sharing it. it's still very impressive.
No problem! Ideas/thoughts like these are always welcome. I agree about the reverb part, especially on the bass. But I couldn't make it sound as good if I pulled it back more. Though it might be that my brain is so used to the tune that it protest from anything deviating from the sound it's been forced to listen to a billion times. The dated part was intentional. I've used LinnDrums to place it firmly in the 80s.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Frantz wrote:You've got a lot going on here: bombast, drama, 80s production, and a great tune. All good things in my book. Nice job! :tu:
Thanks! Bombast and drama is what I was aiming for. Nice to hear it translates! :)

Return to “Music Cafe”