Exclamations of a child ( electronic)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/exclamations-of-a-child

A day in the life of hyperactivity, because that's the way that life goes...
Comments and feedback appreciated

:)
Last edited by Eauson on Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

My Feedback

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 8
Performance - 8.5
Mix - 7

Overall - 7.75

Comments: Quirky little tune. Something almost kid like about it. Bass a little muddy, at least on my system. Mix also could have a tad more air. Would have liked a little more development of theme. All in all, not bad. Enjoyed listening.

As Wag says: definitely 'quirky'!

Great overall groove created...infectious!

The hectic opening riffs needed to stop a lot earlier for me...I would've liked them to drop out at around 30 seconds or so, leaving the drums, bass and pad / chords to support a newly entered more chilled and singable, catchy melody...then the hectic bits could have come in again to good effect as a contrasting section?

Definitely needs a serious contrasting, more chilled section at some point for my ears...the quirky, warbling just gets too much after a while!

Definitely has potential.

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Overall - 7.75

Comments: Quirky .
Something almost kid like about it.
Bass a little muddy, at least on my system.
Mix also could have a tad more air.
Would have liked a little more development of theme. All in all, not bad. Enjoyed listening.
Many thanks, it was a bit of a jam session when it was originally made, so there are elements which need to be developed, its a departure from my usual, as mix had finalised treatment outside of daw. Will assess on some other speakers and look to improve :)
ChamMusic wrote:As Wag says: definitely 'quirky'!

Great overall groove created...infectious!

The hectic opening riffs needed to stop a lot earlier for me...I would've liked them to drop out at around 30 seconds or so, leaving the drums, bass and pad / chords to support a newly entered more chilled and singable, catchy melody...then the hectic bits could have come in again to good effect as a contrasting section?

Definitely needs a serious contrasting, more chilled section at some point for my ears...the quirky, warbling just gets too much after a while definitely has potential.
Many thanks, yes there are elements that are a bit overwhelming, I should have included the writeup in my original post which is on soundcloud ( which i will paste above) as it somewhat explains the nature of the track and my thinking, hyperactive formative years :)
Will, look again at the structure and see if I can calm it down a bit, a little like my mum in the department store thrashing around on the floor, mimicking my disruptive behaviour.
That seemed to get my attention :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Return to “Music Cafe”