July Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

donkey tugger wrote:
Laguna Rising wrote:
"Moist" is not bad either... it is wide open to personal Interpretation. I would love to do that
So far the interpretation I can't get out of my mind is full David Coverdale late 80's Whitesnake, with that theme. If I can convince one of the local 'ladies' to mooch about on top of a car I'll make a video....
if you've got a car im sure i can find a dress :shrug:

cant enter contest for fear of inadvertently embaressing the missus.

Hellfog wrote:Oh yeah, inspiring theme.
No, no, no. "Sarcasm" is next month's theme. :lol:
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

vurt wrote:
donkey tugger wrote:
Laguna Rising wrote:
"Moist" is not bad either... it is wide open to personal Interpretation. I would love to do that
So far the interpretation I can't get out of my mind is full David Coverdale late 80's Whitesnake, with that theme. If I can convince one of the local 'ladies' to mooch about on top of a car I'll make a video....
if you've got a car im sure i can find a dress :shrug:
"I don't know where I'm going, but I sure know....it's not going to be with you..." :hihi:

:hihi:

DrApostropheX wrote:

lol

no Sarcasm from me.

"And she's climbing the stairway to Donkey..." That will never work.

Tbase2000 wrote:"And she's climbing the stairway to Donkey..." That will never work.
sl.JPG
It could work..maybe... :scared:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hellfog wrote:
DrApostropheX wrote:

lol

no Sarcasm from me.
:D
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

Love your song this month Donkey! I thing your vocal treatment is the best Ive heard you sound and the guitars are sick! Well played ole chap.
:tu:

Tbase2000 wrote: I thing your vocal treatment is the best Ive heard you sound and the guitars are sick!
:tu:
Less time tinkering and messing things up...

In the submissions thread;
Mike777 wrote:wow donkeyT! I got goosebumps! does the song have a name? Also any chance you can post the lyrics? (I wish everyone posted the lyrics to their songs with vocals)
No problem, you must be a fan of meaningless drivel.... :hihi:

Now the ground is moist
And soft here underfoot
After the rain
Faded away

Splitting up the decades
Breaking up the years
All I could say
Wish i could pray

Wish I could pray

Splitting up the seasons
Breaking up the months
Slipping away
Falling like rain

Now this part is ending
Trying to make some sense of
All of the ways
Breaking up days

Splitting up the hours
Subdivide the minutes
Come as it will
Come as it may

Now the ground is soft
Sinking like the seconds
After the rain
After the rain

Now the ground is moist
And soft here underfoot
After the rain
Sinking away

I could have stayed here forever
I would lived here forever
After the rain

I'm not gonna lie. Sitting down and creating a song based on chords...I chose the piano...is brutal! I have always played by ear and have basically no classical training. This is a super challenge for me right now. Just needed to vent. So over my head. Sigh... Forced to learn your instrument and music theory. Damn you!

Tbase2000 wrote:I'm not gonna lie. Sitting down and creating a song based on chords...I chose the piano...is brutal! I have always played by ear and have basically no classical training. This is a super challenge for me right now. Just needed to vent. So over my head. Sigh... Forced to learn your instrument and music theory. Damn you!
deep breath :)

Here's one approach, the natural minor home:

A C E G is you Amin7...just 4 white keys...bang them as you choose :party: bang other white keys that please your ears..skip black keys...keep that sheep diatonic, feeling super sonic, you can do it, Nicky! :hihi:

Tbase2000 wrote:I'm not gonna lie. Sitting down and creating a song based on chords...I chose the piano...is brutal! I have always played by ear and have basically no classical training. This is a super challenge for me right now. Just needed to vent. So over my head. Sigh... Forced to learn your instrument and music theory. Damn you!

Well i don't know any music theory at all, only know a few chord names on guitar, thats it.

For this contest i just make the song as i normal do on other contest, and placeing the Amin7 somewhere in the track.

Hellfog wrote:

Well i don't know any music theory at all, only know a few chord names on guitar, thats it.
Same here. Trial and error all the way.

Return to “Music Cafe”