I call it "early 90s cassette jungle"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I enjoyed the first 6 hours and 15 mins of this. Thankyou

how board are we .... go make some music :)

psst, "bored" ;)

MFXxx wrote:

go make some music :)
It's a shame you gave up on it. Gets better around the 8 hour mark :shrug:

Music? Nah! Cold shower, then some yoga :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
MFXxx wrote:

Darn it - will have a relisten and commit to the whole lot I guess :phones:

MFXxx wrote:
MFXxx wrote:

Darn it - will have a relisten and commit to the whole lot I guess :phones:
Or you could just skip ahead :shrug: :hihi: :hihi:

MFXxx wrote:

how board are we .... go make some music :)
Have to "PaulStretch it".
Really.

ChamMusic wrote:
Samuel_S wrote:but I do everything on a computer which is why everything is kinda crap
99.99999% of everyone making music today, from Hans Zimmer down to kids messing around at home uses a computer of some sort, at some stage when creating music! :0)

I sometimes create 'crap' music...but I NEVER blame my PC or the software on it...it's always MY fault! :0)
I don't specifically blame my computer, that's just stupid. I blame maybe my lack of musical arrangement but I praise my ambition to turn something into a hobby that I previously did not think about.
Futhermore, I blame my computer because it's the battle between hardware and software, and I don't like waiting for software emulations of famous synthesizers and would rather go for the real thing, but for times' sake, I just quickly make music on the computer. The computer is not the problem, maybe just the person behind the screen IDK.
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

Samuel_S wrote:Agreed, but there are so far no software emulations or VSTs replicate/function similarly to old school drum samplers. I only have software samplers that work when you drop in individual .WAV samples but that's it. There is also SliceX on FL Studio but it only slices at original samples pitch/tempo, not the entire project's. So I dunno fam.
Strictly speaking, all you need is an audio editor and some scissors. However, most Daws (and like you say, FLS included) have slicing functionality. Whether you have to time-stretch the audio first, or pitch up/down etc is up to you. But so many people do what you are trying to do.

You are in the right place (KVR) to ask for help if needed, but I'd start with Youtube tutorials and then ask questions if there's anything you don't quite understand. With more knowledge and practise, you'll progress past the point of patching together others' static loops, and will ultimately gain more control of your output :tu:
Lol I first came to KVR for the VSTs but I'm staying for the community

Samuel_S wrote:
ChamMusic wrote:
Samuel_S wrote:but I do everything on a computer which is why everything is kinda crap
99.99999% of everyone making music today, from Hans Zimmer down to kids messing around at home uses a computer of some sort, at some stage when creating music! :0)

I sometimes create 'crap' music...but I NEVER blame my PC or the software on it...it's always MY fault! :0)
I don't specifically blame my computer, that's just stupid. I blame maybe my lack of musical arrangement but I praise my ambition to turn something into a hobby that I previously did not think about.
Futhermore, I blame my computer because it's the battle between hardware and software, and I don't like waiting for software emulations of famous synthesizers and would rather go for the real thing, but for times' sake, I just quickly make music on the computer. The computer is not the problem, maybe just the person behind the screen IDK.
That sounds like a very honest bit of self-assessment, maybe!?

Two last, quick points about 'the battle between hardware and software':

1) Just don't go there - both can create great music...both have big strengths and some weaknesses...use what you have as effectively as you can and don't worry about what you haven't got...I could create a system with just free VSTs that would be far more capable in many ways than the £12,000 of hardware that I finally ditched some 15 years ago!

2) Software Emulations - I wouldn't worry about those too much as there are so many great soft synths out there that just sound fantastic...they don't try and recreate anything in particular, they just enable you to create superb sounds.

By the way...You've made me dig out some of my old Jungle CD creations...still quite like a few, but I did produce some serious rubbish as well!

ChamMusic wrote:
Samuel_S wrote:
ChamMusic wrote:

That sounds like a very honest bit of self-assessment, maybe!?

Two last, quick points about 'the battle between hardware and software':

1) Just don't go there - both can create great music...both have big strengths and some weaknesses...use what you have as effectively as you can and don't worry about what you haven't got...I could create a system with just free VSTs that would be far more capable in many ways than the £12,000 of hardware that I finally ditched some 15 years ago!

2) Software Emulations - I wouldn't worry about those too much as there are so many great soft synths out there that just sound fantastic...they don't try and recreate anything in particular, they just enable you to create superb sounds.

By the way...You've made me dig out some of my old Jungle CD creations...still quite like a few, but I did produce some serious rubbish as well!
I hope I'll be able to listen to those creations haha

There is a whole subforum devoted to this kind of thrust. Its called 'Getting Started'.

jancivil wrote:There is a whole subforum devoted to this kind of thrust. Its called 'Getting Started'.
Thanks but do you happen to know why this one topic has almost 900 views?

Samuel_S wrote:
jancivil wrote:There is a whole subforum devoted to this kind of thrust. Its called 'Getting Started'.
Yup! Your thread is being kept at the top of the pages with a lot of off-topic conversation, and people giving you beginner's advice on how to use your gear to produce. Jan wasn't too far off the mark :shrug:

Samuel_S wrote:
Yup! Your thread is being kept at the top of the pages with a lot of off-topic conversation, and people giving you beginner's advice on how to use your gear to produce. Jan wasn't too far off the mark :shrug:
I don't mind the off-topic conversation, it's actually pretty funny when wagtunes starts a battle with everyone no matter which topic lol

Samuel_S wrote:
I don't mind the off-topic conversation, it's actually pretty funny when wagtunes starts a battle with everyone no matter which topic lol

Return to “Music Cafe”