Basil - I'M COMING (2018) (POP)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 7.5

Overall - 8.75

Comments: Mix sounds a little bit muddy, distorted. IDK. Something is off. Can't put my finger on it. It's not horrible. It's just off. Maybe somebody else who is more technical knows what I'm hearing. Maybe it's just too loud. Anyway, like the music. It's quirky. Like the synth sounds and the performance is fine. Just that mix bothers me.

I found it to be interesting but rather confusing. Is this a genre?

I hear a female voice but I can't make out a word of it.

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 7.5

Overall - 8.75

Comments: Mix sounds a little bit muddy, distorted. IDK. Something is off. Can't put my finger on it. It's not horrible. It's just off. Maybe somebody else who is more technical knows what I'm hearing. Maybe it's just too loud. Anyway, like the music. It's quirky. Like the synth sounds and the performance is fine. Just that mix bothers me.
It's odd you say its too loud because I actually refrained from making it intentionally loud as I do all my other songs. Thanks!
fastlanephil wrote:I found it to be interesting but rather confusing. Is this a genre?

I found this person online, she is from south Africa. I don't understand what is confusing about it. It seems to be a straight-forward song :) .

I like the atmosphere and the progression, getting good vibes from this! But I think the vocals should be much more upfront - you say it's pop after all. Then it would actually be a leading vocal :) The mix is a bit muddy and could breathe more.

It sounds like an unspecified genre because all the signals from each instrument are having it out with each other in an over comped battlefield & the voice does not sit in the mix well at all

hindering what would otherwise be a pretty damn good song

sorry bout it
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Horizon Flow wrote:I like the atmosphere and the progression, getting good vibes from this! But I think the vocals should be much more upfront - you say it's pop after all. Then it would actually be a leading vocal :) The mix is a bit muddy and could breathe more.
melomood wrote:It sounds like an unspecified genre because all the signals from each instrument are having it out with each other in an over comped battlefield & the voice does not sit in the mix well at all

hindering what would otherwise be a pretty damn good song

sorry bout it
that's all that matters to me! Thanks for listening!

LickBasil wrote:
wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 7.5

Overall - 8.75

It's odd you say its too loud because I actually refrained from making it intentionally loud as I do all my other songs. Thanks!
fastlanephil wrote:I found it to be interesting but rather confusing. Is this a genre?

I found this person online, she is from south Africa. I don't understand what is confusing about it. It seems to be a straight-forward song :) .
That's why I used the word "maybe." I honestly don't know what it is about the mix that bothers me. It just doesn't sound quite right.

a not so good , very bad mix ...

I can feel emotion right from the intro. I like the beat very much overall. The progression is a memorable hook.

The vocals sound out of tune in places. They are mixed so low that I can't make out a single word. The track has the potential to sound very professional.

My Feedback

Popcorn - 1000,000,000
Chocolate - 1000,000,000
Soft drinks - 1000,000,000
Movie - 1000,000,000

Overall - 1000,000,000 x 4 :lol:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Music Cafe”