Stylin' [Dübreq Stylophone 50th Anniversary Music Competition]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

My Feedback

Music - 7
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 10

Overall - 8.875

Comments: Not really sure how I feel about this one. It's made well enough but something about it screams "cookie cutter" and "for the purpose of making a demo to promote something." IOW, I'm not feeling music from the heart here at all. And not because it's EDM or whatever. It just feels like a slick slice of canned ham. Can't really fault the instruments, performance or mix because all are excellent, though I'd like the mix a little more up front. I recognize the craft and commend you on it. I just can't get into it from an emotional standpoint.

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 7
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 10

Overall - 8.875

Comments: Not really sure how I feel about this one. It's made well enough but something about it screams "cookie cutter" and "for the purpose of making a demo to promote something." IOW, I'm not feeling music from the heart here at all. And not because it's EDM or whatever. It just feels like a slick slice of canned ham. Can't really fault the instruments, performance or mix because all are excellent, though I'd like the mix a little more up front. I recognize the craft and commend you on it. I just can't get into it from an emotional standpoint.
Thank you Wags for your honest feedback! :tu:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

It reminds me of 808 state without a guy called Gerald.
I don't recognise the sounds of the stylophone so much, overall sounds okay.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote:It reminds me of 808 state without a guy called Gerald.
I don't recognise the sounds of the stylophone so much, overall sounds okay.
Thank you for the feedback. The Stylophone sounds in my track are liberally processed with effects and automation, to breathe some extra life into them, as the dry sounds can sound a bit static and buzzy.

Thank you also for bringing the band "808 State" to my attention. I had actually never heard of them before. This track here from those guys is really neat.

Return to “Music Cafe”