Any advice on what needs fixing!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all i've made my new trance/house single and needs some work! Id love to hear your thoughts!
Cheers....
https://www.bandlab.com/deja_vu_origina ... orld-57062

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.5

Comments: Cymbals really harsh. First thing that popped out at me. Needs some EQ above 5k. Other than that, mix seems fine to me.

It's very "trippy" in the sense that the reverb is pretty-much overwhelming... That can be a good thing, i think it is, since it's Progressive Trance.

I might recommend that the vocals have a start of a verse with a more "dry" mix and fade into the wet reverb, to increase the attention, but allow it to be hypnotic as well, i would play with the wet/dry envelops and really trip us out!

My $.02, i'm no expert but i listen to everything, even rap (not willingly, lol) and i love trippy music, attempt to make it myself. ;)

Music - 10 - i love it, i listen to plenty of Lorde, Katy Perry, and more applicable, Lady Gaga, and my "Personal Taste" is with this track, however i initially knocked a star off because i prefer American Pop simply because i can identify with the lyrics more, your vocals are hard to understand, but if i had an 1/8th of mushrooms i don't have any problems lol ;)

Instruments - 8.5 (because you could really shine engineering something more unique, nothing about your track is bad)

Performance - 10 - It embodies a great sense of Progressive and the vocals and vibe are excellently fluid!

Mix - 7 ("Personal Taste" - i would play with the reverb envelopes, but yes the hats sound dry and harsh, yet the overall mix and vibe are very spacey)

Overall - 9.5 - It is a great track, you lose one-half star due to the WIP Status and mixing issues, but great work!
Aspiring HipHop Producer: https://soundcloud.com/djlfd

Diggin' the tech-house vibes on this one. Nice use of stereo field with the delays on the synths providing lots of lateral movement. It's got great dynamics with breakdowns contrasting sections utilising minimal instrumentation with the synthy and vocal action. Lots of rhythmic interest and a great tune. If I was allowed into clubs, I'd dance to it.

Good work :)

i think i agree with DJ LFD et al. except I don't actually mind not being able to ear the lyrics right away. I kinda like the spacey, dreamy feel.

I figured I'd comment because i don't actually like trance as a rule, but i really did like this, so well done.

Return to “Music Cafe”