sadà\exposadà - Pulse [Industrial]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

all samples (also the drums), synth programming & play & vocals & mix by sadà\exposadà

basics laid out with maschine, also the basic rhytmic arrangement
then as a plugin in cubase 9.5 pro
padshop pro for extra vocal sampling effects
korg polysix (soft-synth) for subtle bass
spark 2 used for drums

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada/pulse

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:Industrial isn't a genre I know much about but this has certainly piqued my interest.
Basically it's oppressive and cold electronic music, like a relentless machine. ;)

Cool track!

Vortifex wrote:Well that was definitely a challenging listen for me. Some interesting sound design going on there, overall it felt quite oppressive and cold, like a relentless machine. Industrial isn't a genre I know much about but this has certainly piqued my interest.
industrial music has a broader bandwith than a relentless machine, but probably it is the most recognizable feature. it can also made with more "disturbing" sounds, even ambient like..., it is allways oppressive and intens. strange sounds. psychic tv invented the term, if i am right.
and einstürzende neubauten is industrial as it comes.

thank you for listening, your description is spot on! it was meant to be "oppressive and cold, like a relentless machine", with no redemption....

@sjm, thank you! for listening and enjoying!

My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.25

Comments: I remember when Ministry came out back in the 90s (when I first heard them anyway) and how different they and the whole genre was. They pretty much started it in my area. Can't speak for the rest of the world. While this is relatively "tame" in comparison, it does somewhat remind me of them. Love the mix on this. I can tell that a lot of work went into this track.

Scary

That was enjoyable in a different way. Maybe painful in a fun way. Like a head dive with a taser in your teeth.

Cool stuff!

Feedback on loan from God.

@wagtunes: first of all, thanks for listening. yes ministry is a milestone, although i like them, i do not listen to them that much. laibach, or coil, or foetus is more the "source", but i think i have managed to create a "own" style.
i understand what you mean by tame, i was once i singer in a industrial-gothic band, with a (very) small, international reputation. with a linndrum and guitars and bass, it creates more of a drive.
i think the influence of coil or foetus, makes that i focus on sounddesign. and yes, although ministry is a long time ago for me, has definitily also has its influence. thank you about your words about the mix, in the earlier days (a few years back), that wasn't my biggest "talent", experience have tought me a lot. altough my earlier tracks have there "charm". i make industrial music, but i already mentioned it, it has a bandwith, listen to throbbing gristle or psychic tv... which by the way influence me also...
so my tracks sound not that much alike, but i recognizable, the style is there. so in a way they are alike. ahum...
but tanks for your words, i understand completely what you say.
it is one of most complicated tracks i have made, the sounddesign is quite extensive, and that with... maschine... the source is also important, the samples i made myself, that have almost a 8 bit quality, faults in samples i use for rhythms... not every fault i use of course, it is a lot of listening, experimenting and of course, experience, to get the results i want. it was also fun and with pleasure i made this track. this is what i am good at, and i want to become better.

@Amram: scary! yes! yes! yes! that's what i want... ha! thank you for listening...

@fastlanephil: painful pleasures... great description: "ike a head dive with a taser in your teeth"! i like that description, thank you!

i am still learning, but i am glad that it works, what i make right now. i have much to learn, to really gain what i want. Pulse is a "sign" of it, whith many other tracks.

Return to “Music Cafe”