My breakbeat track got lost in all the politics...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jens, sorry about the vocal snippets. I took a few phrases from the news and cut them up. What probably makes them a little harder to understand if one's English isn't the best is that I dirtied them up a bit with EQ, distortion and such. News clips are so dry and bland, so I grunged them up a little to add character to the sound. In doing so, I made the phrases a little less clear. Here are a few of the phrases:

"The White House totally failed."
"President Bush's intelligence totally failed, again and again."
"The tyrant will soon be gone."

sickle666, thanks for the compliment. I didn't mean that the pro-Bush crowd wasn't allowed in. I just meant that since the thread was labeled anti-Bush breakbeat and it was in the Music Cafe, the people who would probably want to listen to the track would be open to an anti-Bush message. The pro-Bush folks who started the real carnage didn't show up to listen to the music, but instead came to fight.

I promise my next music track posting will be non-political. :D :lol: :D

Peace!!

Druu
www.druu.net
www.soundclick.com/druu

damn
now I'm all curious about that thread...

Druu wrote:
I promise my next music track posting will be non-political. :D :lol: :D
Dude, post all the political stuff youwanna, but you have to be prepared to back up your beliefs. It's just not realistic to ask PRO this or that to stay oaway from Anti this or that; ppl smolder to get thier ideas expressed, especially when the forum to do so is made for them. That's why you had so many off topic flare-ups, these ppl are very frustrated on both sides & need a place to vent.

You gave it to em, simple.

No biggie, just don't be surprised when you drop a big stinky turd in the public eye that you wind up with a halo of flies around it :D

Later,

Druu wrote:Wow! I left town for the weekend, and when I came back the thread I started to show my anti-Bush breakbeat track went FREAKING CRAZY!
read: political
Druu wrote: The thread was not meant to start WWIII between political parties. It was about a piece of music! The insults and name calling that ensued was unwarranted.
read: The thread was not meant to start WWIII between poltical parties, I just decided to so obviously bash a country's governmental leader whom has definite unwavering ties to a political party and expect everyone to listen to just the music.

you start the fire then claim it was an accident? righty-o.

Sorry, I listened to the song.. I find its very barren like you didnt mixdown the other parts of the song..

but anyways breakbeat with an couple political speech samples just seems so cheesy to me.. (the speech samples were cheese at least, especially the "you know what I know" rampant throughout the track) but at least you got a lot of coverage.. It seems though as if you made the song then went back and said 'ooh I can throw some vocal samples on top, piss some ppl off, and get a lot of hits' like it wasnt a planned thing, just another addition...

just wondering.. did you make this with mixman or acid? It sounds like a bunch of samples to my ears.. you might have very well used something else.. just wondering on that part.

That thread was not nice, but to assume we have to stick to "non-political" stuff is a big mistake. We are producing art and ideas we don't mean shallow or meangingless (do we?), so, it's natural that the different points of view turn out to be expressed. I advocate that political discussion (or any other kind) should be allowed here if:

-Off Topic
-In a civilized way (i.e. no insults)

It was maybe the lack of tradition of polical discussion that lead to that sad thread. :(

Nice track, by the way :wink:
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

Vitamin D, it's actually a remix of a big beat track called "You Know What I Know" by Fevertech. I did it for a remix competition he's running. My remix was recorded in Sonar and is made up of a few samples Fevertech provided, a few vocal samples from the news plus softsynths and drums.

Starting a fire? I don't think so... We should be able to agree or disagree without resorting to knife fights and knees to the groin. Well... maybe some day. :? :P

Besides, the conservatives in America have most of the corporate media on their side. What's the harm in a little anti-Bush track from the Druu-man?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Druu
www.druu.net
www.soundclick.com/druu

Well, after listening to the track, I would say that it needs a big fattening up and more fx.
The beat is way to weak to be called BigBeat. It´s more like a minimal Triphop tune.
Perhaps, that was your intention I don´t know.

I really didn´t notice any politacal statements in the track...a few words by bush, but nothing that would get ppl angry.

Well, if you made this tune phater and more pumping, It would rock. It´s to flat right now.

Let me know if you want any tips on production!

later,

mindless, yeah I did go kind of minimal with this track. I agree, my remix is definitely not Big Beat. The original was labeled so.

How would you suggest I fatten it up?

Druu
www.druu.net
www.soundclick.com/druu

Druu wrote:Vitamin D, it's actually a remix of a big beat track called "You Know What I Know" by Fevertech. I did it for a remix competition he's running. My remix was recorded in Sonar and is made up of a few samples Fevertech provided, a few vocal samples from the news plus softsynths and drums.

ahh okay thats why it sounds like a bunch of samples.. makes sense now.. :)
Druu wrote: Starting a fire? I don't think so... We should be able to agree or disagree without resorting to knife fights and knees to the groin. Well... maybe some day. :? :P
failure to open your eyes? you DID say
a few strategically placed Bush slams to create a head-bobbing soundtrack for the efforts to find George W. a new gig this November
"slams"?? You sure weren't trying to make friends out of all of us... :roll: you're either naive or joking if you consider 'slaming' someone of high political stature on here and then expecting things not to get out of hand.. either conservative OR liberal.

as shown in your initial thread, there are some very passionate people here.. passionate that is about their politcal views for one reason or another.. just check the offtopic forums if you dont believe this.

while so carelessly striking a match while floating in a pool of gasoline and NOT expecting a fire to erupt is just ridiculous.
Druu wrote: Besides, the conservatives in America have most of the corporate media on their side. What's the harm in a little anti-Bush track from the Druu-man?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
but then whats the harm in a little anti-white/red/brown (skin color) track from the "Druu-man" either?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: its all a bunch of harmless 'slams' huh?

a lot of time it starts off innocent enough and morphs into something much more sinister.. a "simple" thought is NEVER a harmless thing.. they go much deeper..

I once heard a truely interesting breakbeat/IDM song called 'a shadow on a wall' by altemark which was about the atomic bombs dropped during WWII and the deaths that occurred as a result.. and even though I dont agree with the point of view of the artist.. I still respect the view and song because it was done so tactfully - the music and the message are coherent with one another w/o 'slams'.. it actually gives me chills listening to it and makes me think about the message instead of being some mindless bashing of someone/thing that just infuriates some..

theres a huge difference.. take a listen and see:

ftp://ftp.noisemusic.org/pub/users/wnoise/mp3/

in that directory its altemark-noise_02_a_shadow_on_a_wall.mp3

he has a heavy accent.. but he is saying
The 6th of August 1945. One second a little japanese girl existed in flesh and blood. The next second, she existed only as shadow on a wall. Worth noting is that her brother became sisterless even though the Allied forces via military intelligence knew that the japanese emporer had decided to surrender. No more. Never again.
so while its possible to be anti-something or just take an opinion in your music, there are ways to do it in a respectful, meaningful manner that still gets your view across to the listener.

C'mon, making ANY comparisons between my anti-Bush track and racist messages is just ridiculous. That's like the fellow on my unintended thread from hell who figured that since I'm anti-Bush I must be anti-American. Unbelievable...

I still think the weekend carnage was childish. Yes, I employed a few Bush slams. It was direct, but direct doesn't equal mindless bashing. It's not mindless at all. I don't drop kick people just because they're Bush supporters. I expect the same from others.

Again, I promise my next music posts will be non-political. :D :D :D :D

Druu
www.druu.net
www.soundclick.com/druu

Druu wrote:mindless, yeah I did go kind of minimal with this track. I agree, my remix is definitely not Big Beat. The original was labeled so.

How would you suggest I fatten it up?

Druu
www.druu.net
www.soundclick.com/druu
Hmm, I made a couple of suggestion but the server barfed when posting so they seem to have been lost.

Anyways, put a backbeat on the break and put the whole thing in a comp together with a fuzzy bass and you´re rollin´!

Just remember to keep the break and bass loud in the mix and watch the bass levels as not to drown the high freq content of the mix!

Add some more crazy FX and carryovers to give the track a bit of movement.

Thanks for the tip, mindless!

Druu
www.druu.net
www.soundclick.com/druu

Druu wrote:C'mon, making ANY comparisons between my anti-Bush track and racist messages is just ridiculous. That's like the fellow on my unintended thread from hell who figured that since I'm anti-Bush I must be anti-American. Unbelievable...

I still think the weekend carnage was childish. Yes, I employed a few Bush slams. It was direct, but direct doesn't equal mindless bashing. It's not mindless at all. I don't drop kick people just because they're Bush supporters. I expect the same from others.

Again, I promise my next music posts will be non-political. :D :D :D :D
from your response, it is clear you completely missed my points.. please, re-read my message, listen to the mp3 and take some time to consider all thoughts and ideas mentioned before your response to this.

sickle666 wrote:This thread does not belong in the music cafe unless you are going to post a link to a track.

Also, don't expect to post politically inflammatory music without expecting inflammatory reactions. I personally could care less about it, but you see the reaction that was born of it.
Sickle - You're already the Posting/Bandwidth King of the month - you going for 'Hall Monitor' now?? :lol: :lol:

Druu - Please post again. Political songs are as old as humanity. Since this is a forum for, I believe, Artists, if anyone has a problem with the lyrics of your song, they should write a song to counter it? :lol:

Even so, I'm also one that would like to see your song posted again in a harrassment-free thread. So fire away and kick out the jams!! :) 8)

Xander wrote: Sickle - You're already the Posting/Bandwidth King of the month - you going for 'Hall Monitor' now?? :lol: :lol:
Umm..can you show me your hall pass please? You know unattended access in the hall is stictly in violation of class rules..

Return to “Music Cafe”