Please post examples of your unserious, silly or failed tunes

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is actually quite good. To my ears the mixing is not ideal, some of the synths sound weak and the whole mix is a bit harsh (I'm listening in not very good conditions now, though), but I like the overall atmosphere. This sounds like good 1994 goa song, if it had been released in 1994 it could have had legenary status by now :)
IncarnateX wrote:
I think this is the third time or so, where “failed” dance tunes more apply to cute or cheesy to me. But then again, if you are not going for cheese, then I see why you may consider them fails. To be honest, it sounds to me like the tunes really want to be like modern IDM or Goa but cannot help itself end up in wannabe cheese in this indefinable cute way. Maybe cute also could be translated to “toyish” here. Like a child really trying to imitate a grown up without getting there. I think they belong in the thread due to the lovely cheese factor.
Well, "cheese factor" is something I just can't avoid, no matter how hard I I try I'm still putting these naive early trance vibes into each track I'm making at some point. :) I think if I were making death metal, or goregrind, or power noise, it would also sound cheesy and toyishly cute:) As far as I don't try to make an improtant contribution into the world musical art and just do what I like, I'm fine with that :)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:As far as I don't try to make an improtant contribution into the world musical art and just do what I like, I'm fine with that :)
Of course and you should. Understand that it is not like you are cheesy in a bad way, like some Eurotrance are to me, and you are not cheesy all the time and it does sound pleasing. The cuteness makes it sound young and fresh. We are not in eurotrash land at all.

:)
Last edited by surreal on Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ok maybe not so bad :lol:
Last edited by surreal on Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well I'm surprised at how many appeared here in such a short time. It seems you've tapped a deep well :lol:

So here's a silly one from me. Be warned, listening to it has hidden dangers :o

Oh, and this is a fun name-dropping one - It was a competition entry.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

^ 5 surreal posts in a row :D
Sorry couldn't help me self, will listen l8r :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

surreal wrote:
Eauson wrote:^ 5 surreal posts in a row :D
Sorry couldn't help me self, will listen l8r :)
Mmm maybe it was a mistake... :o

Wait.. let me fix it so others can post... :clown:
No sorry it was me attempt at humour, please leave as is, I'm the :clown:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

thanx IncarnateX, donks and sjm...sjm nailed it, yes that's what I do too often, make backing tracks so I can jam. I shall take the advice of all of you. This song wasn't a fail I was going with unserious :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

@IncarnateX

These are great posts you've start :tu:
@surreal
I can only find the one track, went to your SC :tu:
I was going to follow you on SC then realised I am already :D
@Hink
Enjoyable listen :tu:
@dt
This is just :tu: 8) :clap: :phones:

I need to backtrack &see what else I'm missing out on :D

Edit
I'm somewhat ashamed @ the meagre offering I brought to this banquet :tu:
Please more, more :clap:

donkey tugger wrote:I like that, has a touch of Ver Zep [...] in my head I'm hearing sitar, middle eastern strings [...] :hihi:

Had a very quick f**k about with the electric sitar on the Variax just now before work - some stunning wrong notes, but you get the idea...
Kashmir is what came to mind for me, so a sitar seems very fitting.

This is a cool idea...

I got a silly one for you, DonkeyT was on the mark, i posted this a while back on the Image-Line forums and let it die, but i dubbed this the "B***r Song"... if you're immature enough lol, you'll get why:

https://soundcloud.com/djlfd/dj-limerick-fyne-feat-dl
Aspiring HipHop Producer: https://soundcloud.com/djlfd

recursive one wrote:
This is actually quite good.
Thanks mate, I have always thought of it as cartoonish, cheesy and funny. Seems that to some of you it has been a good joke then.
To my ears the mixing is not ideal
No shit. I hardly bothered mixing it, was just testing Nanostudio for iPad on an iPod touch.
some of the synths sound weak
As I wrote in the OP, the intermediating synthlines were a deliberate joke. I had heard that the Eden synth of Nanostudio was really great, so I said, ok lets hear it then without layering and loads of effects and the result: :lol:
This sounds like good 1994 goa song, if it had been released in 1994 it could have had legenary status by now :)
Arh man, that is too much honor and credit. I was trying to make an acid parody and have never been more unserious about a tune. But thanks again, you are too kind. Maybe you and I have some love for occasionally cheesiness in common.

:lol: :lol: Though you are almost cheating because it sounds like a professional silly song. When I heard the verse first time, I thought you would try to get to our nerves by repeating endlessly. Fortunately you did not take it that far.

Awesome thread. Cant wait to back track and listen. I will add to the fun as soon as I can get back in the studio and dig something up. My whole career has been stupid @#$& that failed.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Return to “Music Cafe”