Flux Tolerance Indices

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ligeti Lontano influenced me particularly, although this does quite other things. (except: *) Its density is like Lontano. Texture is a significant interest as well.

This took a while. It's only like 2:50.

I did more with the VSL Synchron FX Strings.
*: It has this one passage, where a tension is resolved which makes me think of Ravel Une Barque sur L'Ocean or something, or La Mer, Debussy. I hit on something in the FX Strings that did it. Felicitous accident really.
Amazing product. I'm kind of stumped as to any succinct way of describing the workflow of it.

The main idea I get to, though is lines/streams forming clusters and opening and closing the tensions, a certain approach I'm getting from Ligeti. There is quite some microtonal business here. I don't go for systematic anything, it's more or less ad hoc but a lot of in-between stuff, and the usual long bends into the next note I like.

I got familiar with Reaktor Kontour, the oboe and clarinet-sounding things I did in Kontour, also like a contrabass flute. All in one patch, as you can contour it like that.
Instead of Absynth I went with Geosonics by SonicCouture; which gives a three channel/three osc synth, very like what I do with Absynth, hard left, center, hard right with very different things in each. The bowed vibes on the right is from Geosonics, a lot of the high strings is (left ch.). Other strings are Spitfire, mostly amplifed cello. But that stuff is subtle.

edit 11 = slight revision: Flux Capacitance Indices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh_XqHy ... S&index=64
Last edited by jancivil on Sat May 25, 2019 2:51 am, edited 12 times in total.

My Feedback (On The Vurt Scale)

Weirdness - 9.5
Sound Generation - 8.5
Performance - 8
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.5

Comments: Man, this is some strange stuff. A little hard to hear. Have to crank this up as the volume is very low. Not your usual posting and not really sure what to make of it on a musical level. Thus the Vurt scale.

:shrug:

nevermind, there is a real impasse here.

jancivil wrote::shrug:

I understand that, because I'm too dense and stupid and mired in pop mediocrity to understand your works.

For that I apologize.

We can't all be as brilliantly gifted and talented as you.

Quite lovely. Great sounds and nicely developed structure. I just wish it was about 3x as long!

For some reason this link doesn't work, in my Android tablet (traveling), anyway. You don't happen to have a soundcloud link?

Harry_HH wrote:For some reason this link doesn't work, in my Android tablet (traveling), anyway. You don't happen to have a soundcloud link?
No, I quit SC around 4 yrs ago. Youtube is bad enough; the Habituated saga has me paranoid about quality now.

I kinda sorta agree with too quiet, I have introduced more gain in a consequent upload.

OH, I shoulda said, I don't think clicking on the play icon in the embedded dropbox link plays it, it's a matter of right-click/save as mp3. It's a 320mbps, VBR file.

wagtunes wrote:
jancivil wrote::shrug:

I understand that, because I'm too dense and stupid and mired in pop mediocrity to understand your works.

For that I apologize.

We can't all be as brilliantly gifted and talented as you.
I'm not that gifted. I had to work hard and long for what I do have. I'll always be a student of music.

I do however possess an awareness of 20th century art music - "modern classical music" - practices and an abiding interest in them. Maybe you are weighed down by certain baggage. For my part, a deeper consideration than your rating game would be appreciated.
Last edited by jancivil on Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=jancivil]
OH, I shoulda said, I don't think clicking on the play icon in the embedded dropbox link plays it, it's a matter of right-click/save as mp3. It's a 320mbps, VBR file.[/quote]

In Firefox I right-click on the link and open in a new window or tab and get a player right on the dropbox site.

bradkvr wrote:Quite lovely. Great sounds and nicely developed structure. I just wish it was about 3x as long!
Thank you, Brad.

There is more where this comes from, it's a prelude. It wraps up where it wraps up, I go with the flow; but there is more implied, isn't there.

bradkvr wrote:
jancivil wrote: OH, I shoulda said, I don't think clicking on the play icon in the embedded dropbox link plays it, it's a matter of right-click/save as mp3. It's a 320mbps, VBR file.
In Firefox I right-click on the link and open in a new window or tab and get a player right on the dropbox site.
Aha, works that way in Chrome as well. I only just started using Dropbox again, they changed something a few yrs ago and I was buffaloed somehow. Thanks for the tip.

KVR loved the post so much it instantly duplicated it.

a quick jokey comment before i have a couple or three listens...

surely capacitance? :hihi:

ps:i take it the little saturday night fever dude is drop box and not you?

lol

yeah, I was trying hard not to call it flux capacitance in the end. the Nuendo project name now is Flux Tolerance Indices.

the title actually relates to the piece, the pitches in flux and then... not corrected as such but regulated.

I'm gwyne wait til I get the new computer to make actual videos, I want to with this particularly. My psychedelic ones from 2013-2015 take tons of computer, this one just drops half the frames in capture, worthless.

around 1.10, theres a little motif that sounds a bit guitar like, is that the amplified cello? or something kontour? nice little sound anyway :)

as for the rest, i can definitely hear some ligeti influence, cant comment on debussy as i don't know as much of his stuff.
it is a little quiet as a whole, but that's not a major hassle, just grab everything and pull up a few dbs, no mix issues at all to my ears.
the highs (which i know we both like to throw in :hihi: even if there is only you and me that like them :lol: ) aren't as "aggressive" as your usual works, seem much tamer here, but theres a lot of sustained highs, so that kinda balances that aspect.

very nice as an aperitif, look forward to more in the suite.

Return to “Music Cafe”