British Christian Hip-Hop (Does It Work?)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone I'm an English man that believes in God and I want to experiment with this! So here's a post to my track would love to hear what you all think! Produced by myself also!

https://soundcloud.com/val-verrel/destiny

Many blessings!

It works for me; pleasantly mellow. I always preferred hip-hop and trip-hop to rap.

Incidentally, I feel like you could move the sort of 'hook' or background pad or whatever you call it (i'm not sure of the right word) into the stereo domain a little more, out of the way of the vocals. Right now everything seems very close to the center of the mix. The mix itself sounds decently balanced, though.

sleepcircle wrote:It works for me; pleasantly mellow. I always preferred hip-hop and trip-hop to rap.

Incidentally, I feel like you could move the sort of 'hook' or background pad or whatever you call it (i'm not sure of the right word) into the stereo domain a little more, out of the way of the vocals. Right now everything seems very close to the center of the mix. The mix itself sounds decently balanced, though.
Thanks so much that's really helpful feedback. I'm going to re-work the mix for the official release!

Many blessings!

Pretty cool!

benheman wrote:Pretty cool!
Thanks alot!

My Feedback

Music - 7
Instruments - 8
Performance - 9
Mix - 10

Overall - 8.5

Comments: Keeping my personal feelings of hip hop aside, this sounds like it's well done for the genre. As I don't have much to go by (it's not music I listen to a lot) I can only go by the production quality itself, which sounds excellent as far as the mix. The rest, I'll leave others to comment on who are more in tune with the genre.

vocally, the flow is cool, never sounds rushed or falling behind, the meter is cool. theyre present and upfront without being too upfront 8)
musically, nice work, everything supporting the vocals, keeping things going forward and everything seems to sit well in the mix and stereo field.

overall nice work :tu:

Cool voice.

The 'verse' lyrics are important, so I would think that less reverb on these vocals could help to bring clarity to the message of the tune. The reverb you are using on the 'look at me' (chorus) section works for me.

So, if you had less fx on the verse vocal, there would be greater sonic distance between it and the background keyboard. This would create a good front to back sonic environment etc.

Music + 10
Instruments + 10
Performance + 10
Mix + 8

Overall + 38 :lol: :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Amazing feedback has given me some things to think about! Much love all!

I would use a lot less delay on the main vocal. It distracts from the lyrics imho. Otherwise, good job :)

Val_Verrel wrote:Hello everyone I'm an English man that believes in God and I want to experiment with this! So here's a post to my track would love to hear what you all think! Produced by myself also!

https://soundcloud.com/val-verrel/destiny

Many blessings!
I'm an English man who's an atheist (stop now....not HPC... :hihi: ) but I like this anyway - very recognizably 'UK' sounding (and all the better for it!). I'd agree with others about the main vocal being more 'upfront', but apart from that, job's a good un as we say in Yarkshur.

Thanks for that! fellow English man how lovely!

It works. The delay is a little heavy, but filtering out some of the highs on it may help.

Great tip, thanks!

It does work, I enjoyed it.
Jazz Clarinet Rocks - well sort of Swings anyway!

Return to “Music Cafe”