Zero-point

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Interesting composition and enjoyed the overall soundscape on this track. I don't really have anything to critique on this track :tu:
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

My Feedback

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 8
Performance - 8.5
Mix - 8

Overall - 8

Comments: Kick doesn't go with the rhythm of the ARPs. Just feels out of sync. That was the first thing that hit me. After a while it does start to settle in but does take some time. Piece itself is rather static. I'm waiting for some kind of "melody" but it never seems to come. As soundtrack material it's decent but kind of generic. It's slick and well done but it just kind of leaves me cold and wanting more. Does remind me of some of Alan Parson's early work before he went all commercial. The foundation for this is there. It just misses for me.

I cant hear its out of sync do you use monitires maby it sound different.. Maby it is a little static

janke wrote:I cant hear its out of sync do you use monitires maby it sound different.. Maby it is a little static
Listen to when it comes in. It doesn't come in on the downbeat. I can't explain it any better. It just sounds wrong.

janke wrote:I cant hear its out of sync do you use monitires maby it sound different.. Maby it is a little static
Kick is fine. Classic switcheroo left someone confused to where the down beat actually is :tu:

Can't comment on mix, but enjoyed the piece :tu:

ibiza, early 2000s maybe even late 90s (its all a blur to be honest)
beaches at dawn, campfire going. this took me back.
all i remember is the sun rising and me thinking, wtf? we only just got here :o hazy daze!

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Kick is fine. Classic switcheroo left someone confused to where the down beat actually is :tu:
And that's fine, and I know a lot of people do it, but it's not my personal cup of tea. It's makes me feel uneasy. Like I said, after a while it works itself out, but those first few measures I'm trying to find where I am. Again, it's just a personal pet peeve of mine. It's like some people don't like falsetto singing.

vurt wrote:ibiza, early 2000s maybe even late 90s (its all a blur to be honest)
beaches at dawn, campfire going. this took me back.
all i remember is the sun rising and me thinking, wtf? we only just got here :o hazy daze!
I was in ibiza 1980 my first trip to a another country and it was realy crazy being there, but i dont remember what music they played in disco but i remember Hierbas :-)

@4:00 and on, some of the best pads i've heard from you. very cool piece of music.

sorry wags, arp sync sounds fine to me :shrug:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:@4:00 and on, some of the best pads i've heard from you. very cool piece of music.

sorry wags, arp sync sounds fine to me :shrug:
ARP's fine. The drums come in on the ARP off beat. Count 1, 2, 3, 4 from the very first beat of the song and you'll hear it.

** EDIT ** Actually it's in 6/8 time. The ARP downbeat is an E flat. When the kick comes in it doesn't come in on the E flat. It's obvious if you keep listening for that E flat downbeat.
Last edited by wagtunes on Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Really nice general tone (i think you used your Virus again?). Mix is a bit quiet. Actually, quite quiet.

chk071 wrote:Really nice general tone (i think you used your Virus again?). Mix is a bit quiet. Actually, quite quiet.
Its most noedlead a1 and some virus ,,,pads and arps from nord

Return to “Music Cafe”