music for small orchestra , and guitar ...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

messin' about w/ sfz , and that orchestral
soundfont that's been getting some attention around here lately ...

guitar is ST2 Free ...

matter of fact , excepting the host , FLS , everything used was free stuff ...

music for small orchestra , and guitar

mix could use some help ...
i'll go back to it after it's had a chance to percolate some ...

this is really 8) , wasn't sure at first (it sounded a bit like an orchestra and a few random musicians tuning up) but the more i listen the more i can hear different stuff going on....

it seems to sway in and out of key/time and everything really but still stays vaguely coherent (spelling?)

the bit with the the staccato violins/violas from about 2.20 with the guitar playing the melody is superb.

incidently, the guitar sounds (in my opinion) a lot more like a harpsichord which i think works very well in the context of this track.

would make an excellent soundtrack for a really tense horror movie or thriller :-o

gonna have to listen a bout 10 more times before i can even comment on the mix (and i'm not sure i could add much anyways)

thanks for sharing this track, it's something i couldn't do myself, would never normally (he he) listen to but am really enjoying :D

:hail:

cheers,

steve.

:-o I'm just sitting here with Sonar open with SFZ and that orchestral font, and ST2free :-o and i was using 'em in FLS earlier too :-o

spooky...

interesting little piece though, like it for sure, nice'n'unusual, an interesting listen 8)

jim

A very interesting piece. It surely does not sound like a realistic orchestra but I don't think you intended it to. The guitar does not even sound close to a real guitar.

Very nice to listen to. Good stuff.

@blaster ...
thanks for listening ...
it's pretty freeform ... glad your open to something a little different ...

@hunter ...
that's too weird ...
you're creeping me out ...
okay ... tag .. you're it ...

@seph ...
i'll try and work on that guitar ...
i was trying for a hollow body electric ...
maybe some amp modeling ...
i don't have alot of experience with this ...

I did not mean that negative. As mentioned above it sounds more like a harp. I still like it and think you have done a good job.

If Varese were alive today...

@opia ...
he'd be pretty old ...
:P
'preciate it ...

@seph ...
didn't take it as a negative ...
i respect your input ...

A few observations:

- Timpanis are way too muffled, boost them a tad
- no absynth :-o
- the rolling snares (i think they're there) are muffled too and could just use a little vol up
- for some reason this sounded better with the left and right channel reversed
- no absynth :?
- I didn't mind one bit the guitar didn't sound like a guitar
- this needs a tad more refined mix
- no absynth :shock:

This track is playing tricks on my ears, and is now yearning for more.

Love this different direction you are taking

when i close my eyes i imagine an orchestra,but with a selection of wild animals for various parts of the orchestra :-o and it seems as i watch them play in my mind each section seems to be eyeing up another section as prey :shock:
theres a lot of sneaky looks going about in this orchestra piti think the adders on oboes will come out on top in the end :wink:

very interesting piece normal 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”