Bonteburg / Glassback Collaboration

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Visit - Bonteburg & Glassback 192Kbps 9.7mb

We started this last night and put the finishing touches to it tonight.
Gotta get up in 5 hours to take him to the airport. :(

Enjoy our time together... :D

[edit] Now available in 128Kbps flava:

The Visit - Bonteburg & Glassback 128Kbps 6.46mb [/edit]
Last edited by Glassback on Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hehe.... I remember last time: Jens, you and me behind that machine of yours 8)

Cool collabing going on in here and some very interesting sounds happening all over. Special moments shared :D

And toppo-coolo meeting the bontiboy :)

Thanks Mark. :D

Bonte - hope you had a good flight home mate: as I type this, you should be just taxi-ing along the runway ready for take-off.

Like we said, I've rolled the bass off a little and adjusted that slightly-too-boomy kick.
Hope it sounds good to you. :)
I'm not gonna do anything else to it though - this is how we left it. 8)

It was a real pleasure having you stay at my manor - and we got this tune out of it too. :D

The Visit - Bonteburg & Glassback 192Kbps 9.7mb

nice, i'm liking this, especially the bit from about 3.00.

you guys should collaborate more often 8)

safe trip bonte mate, it was nice to meet you....

(and we were pretty worried when we thought you'd disappeared) :lol:

cheers,
steve.

Now available in 128Kbps flava:

The Visit - Bonteburg & Glassback 128Kbps 6.46mb

blaster78 wrote:nice, i'm liking this, especially the bit from about 3.00.

you guys should collaborate more often 8)
Yeah, we agree.
Thanks Seve. :lol:
blaster78 wrote:safe trip bonte mate, it was nice to meet you....
Yeah, I agree.
blaster78 wrote:(and we were pretty worried when we thought you'd disappeared) :lol:

cheers,
steve.
He told me afterwards he got the munchies so went looking for any local kids to have as a snack...

:lol: :lol:

nice :hihi:... I like it...

Only just found this!

:oops:

Yeah, i was kinda gettin into this earlier. Nice track, got some cool stuff going on. Sounds like you had fun making it :D

Can't fault the production in this, very clean and tight. I like the vocoder fx with the voice from 0:50 onwards. Great analog whistly lead panning around too. The gap at 2:30 is perfect.

Then at 3:20 the pad comes in and I'm beginning to like this a lot. You have a deadly sub bass there too.

This is very good. Killer tight, clean, analog sounds wrapped in silky digital production. Not my usual fave genre but you guys did well to crank this out in one day. You should collab some more :)

Glooper wrote:nice :hihi:... I like it...
:D :D
Thank you. 8)

Big Karma wrote:Only just found this!

:oops:
...and? :lol: :lol:

OK you're forgiven on account of it being a mental weekend. :lol: :lol:

Kriminal wrote:Yeah, i was kinda gettin into this earlier. Nice track, got some cool stuff going on. Sounds like you had fun making it :D
We really did enjoy ourselves, too. :D
Definitely a collab of 50/50 - it was a pleasure to work with Bonte.
We found our ideas to be not dissimilar. 8) :D

Koorby wrote:Can't fault the production in this, very clean and tight. I like the vocoder fx with the voice from 0:50 onwards. Great analog whistly lead panning around too. The gap at 2:30 is perfect.

Then at 3:20 the pad comes in and I'm beginning to like this a lot. You have a deadly sub bass there too.

This is very good. Killer tight, clean, analog sounds wrapped in silky digital production. Not my usual fave genre but you guys did well to crank this out in one day. You should collab some more :)
Top review - thanks man! :oops:
We don't think that anybody could guess what those vocoded vocals actually are, not in a million years. :lol: But you're not really supposed to... it's just another sound in the tune. :wink:

Those analogue sounds actually come from a vsti called Rogue - I've had it a few weeks but only just used it for the first time in this tune. Now that I know what it can do, I suspect I'll be using it more... :D

Thanks for the encouragement, we appreciate it - making this track with Bonte on limited time was time well spent, definitely. 8)

it definately was! :D
Mck's right too, it was pretty much 50/50. By the time we called it a wrap I was so tired i almost dropped from my chair, but that's ok. If it had taken us until 5 a.m. that's how long it would have taken :)
And I got to know Orion , which is a very cool program!
I had the drum sequencer sussed in about ten minutes and had some beat ideas laid down after mick had gone o bed the night before we finished this one – went swimmingly. :)
Unfortunately i must have brought my private little Poltergeist as the synths kept crashing on me, and only when *I* operated them :eek: :lol:

Cool Vocoder Kit Krim! :)

Marco :)

Return to “Music Cafe”