Bjork - Desired Constellation remix (closed)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for all the feedback. I am now taking the link down.
Last edited by djamenity on Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:57 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Yeah, I loved to hear it. scharris@interhop.net

Fjuck Virgin :) Bjork herself seems very cool about remixes. I have 2 CD's full of remixes and collabs taken off the net using p2p - I don't feel bad about doing this as they are impossible to find otherwise and not for sale in most cases anyway - some great stuff out there (Bjork vs Amon Tobin, Bjork vs Dido etc) - to me copyrights stifle this sort of creativity.

I'll pm you my email too if you can send me it I'd be grateful - ta.

same here
used to be a member of the Bjork Remix Web before it mysteriously shut down one day

you'd have loved it

some of the stuff you found on the net probably came from there

Thanks - this is really good.

I've always wondered how people do these sort of remixes - how do you separate out the vocals from the original instrumentation so you can add your own sounds or even mix in another voice?

The original track did not have any percussion. It was a 6/8 ballad I guess with some noise and bass. I used the HP filter to drop the bass from the original and that's it. Then time stretched it (or compressed it if I am using the wrong term to speed something up).

I worked with what I had. Leaving the noise in added a little something nifty to the remix

Also cut up "How am I going to make it right". Chopped up "how", added reverb and reversed it. In that order. You'll hear that small element starting at 4:30.
Last edited by djamenity on Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You make it sound so simple :) Nice work. What did you use for the drums and did you add that synthy sweep that pops up in places - what was that?

Sweep was Superwave Trance Pro. Had to bounce that to audio and reverse it because the damned thing kills my PC.

90% of the percussion was programmed in FL studio's step sequencer or piano roll editor. Used various one shots. Some had a delay on the channel.

When the remix changes over to the uptempo feel, one sample from some trance track was used and chopped up in FL BeatSlicer.

Remixing will be a challenge when I move over to Cubase SX2 on the MAC.

FL makes my life easy. I'd stick with it but don't know how to use it with hardware (JP-8080 and Virus C) are my new toys that I am itching to use soon.

Sorry keep adding to this.
Also used 3 instances of Albino2 and Imageline's Sytrus (2 instances), 1 instance of a sound font

What's the problem with FLS? As far as I know (and I'm no expert - just tried the demo) it can record audio from external hardware and I think it has some sort of dashboard panel utility as well for using with hardware synths (like Cakewalk does).

aMUSEd wrote:What's the problem with FLS? As far as I know (and I'm no expert - just tried the demo) it can record audio from external hardware and I think it has some sort of dashboard panel utility as well for using with hardware synths (like Cakewalk does).
I only have experience using hardware with Cubase. Been working with some freinds on their systems. Don't know how to get everything working in FLS.
There should be some FLS and external hardware tutorials.

I have to say though, that her new album is absolutely awful. It's like somebody doing a joke impression of her. Compared to Vespertine (one of my favourite albums of all time) it's pure trash, a waste of time. Why did she do it?

xg2 wrote:I have to say though, that her new album is absolutely awful. It's like somebody doing a joke impression of her. Compared to Vespertine (one of my favourite albums of all time) it's pure trash, a waste of time. Why did she do it?
Ever see that video of her beating the crap out of a journalist at the airport? Come on, she's a bit on the whacky side.

it's experimental pop

sometimes yes sometimes no

This is deliciously sparse and spacious. Any more elements would kill the vibe. I know of a club or two here that would play this. Great work.
And all life's fears
Can invade my ears
I can handle it

I really enjoyed the track- especially the various sections and how they were structured. The track still gave a lot of room for the vocals and was atmospheric and moody. Nicely done !

Return to “Music Cafe”