The Fisherman And The King

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This song, with the help of my most excellent friend Tolga Uz has got to be the most weirdest and wildest song I've ever done yet. Comprising of 5/4, 3/4, and 4/4 rythems sandwiched together - this was not a easy task done in Orion. But between CoFX's Rock synth, Ethnosphere, Kriminals finds of Kurzweil samples, and Tuz's amazing vocals and willingness to oblige - it became a labour of love for me. :D
Toby Bear and Smart Electronix should also be given the nod as well.

And I'd like to thank God, Allah, Vishnu, G.W. Bush, all the people at KVR for their support, the supermarket delivery people, and my cats and...

Oh, their goes the orchestra! :roll:

Direct play here http://home.comcast.net/~mr.uz/FATK.mp3

Further info at my Soundclick link below.
Enjoy! :D

(Recently retitled 10/10/04 for interested parties to find more easily. ;) )
Last edited by Steven West on Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

eeeerrrrr
how about a direct link then?
... no time for unnecessary politeness nor a debate ...

... you might not care but some members are actually human with feelings and stuff you know ???

Hi Steven,

With influences like that Im interested in hearing your tune... the link is dead for me tho...

Will check back later!

Dave

Expected the punchline to be that AFX and Keith Levine somehow ate Sting, one less yogafied celebrity gasbag to kick around, but they seem to have gotten along all friendly like.

Excellent Westian fare here, was hoping maybe that said Sting influence would have been his early bassmanship, f**king awesome bassplayer, but ignoring the thread title, really like the juxtaposition of the stomping rhythm with the elaborate vox.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks a bunch Steve! :D And yes, I could've had lots of fun with the set up for sure. But I must admit, I think Sting is a great bass player AND great song writer as well. Not sure if he's restraining himself (tantric basterd. :lol: ) or the record company? But I think he could make mincemeat out of my song and signatures if he wanted to? ;)

And guys, sorry about the link situation. I've tried every way possible to have a 'direct link', but always defaults to 'homepage'. Net Techies here explained this is the ONLY way SoundClick works. Sorry. :(

This might be faster - but don't be surprised if it's my 'homepage' again. :roll:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/stevenwestmusic.htm

I like it for one.
Something different, say, is that guy in pain? :)

Think it could be clipping, is that possible.

Keep it up Mr. West.

blue

:lol: - Well Tuz worked so hard on the vocals, he could very well be? ;) Naw, it's a beautiful religious mantra he does in Turkish. I just love his voice and turkish language. :hihi:

Clipping??? :-o Not any that I detected? Rock synth gives the impression that it's 'almost' clipping - and that's why I like it. Sounds like it's about to explode. ;) But the mix is as safe and sound as my engineering skills allow for?

bluelife wrote:is that guy in pain? :)
bad case of hemorrhoids... :hihi:

sting as a influince - don`t tell the rowdy characters

they might confuse some chaps on this page :hihi:

3th of november i`m going to see Sting.

quite a bassplayer for a schoolteacher.

any chance on a direct link steve ?

Tsk-tsk Tuz - you should be working... Or in a coma, shouldn't you? :lol:

I'm about to send the song to Tuz via e-mail, and if he's got a site or something he can put it up at? :?

Maybe by this evening he can put it up somewhere?
If I don't get another letter from his 'worried wife' that is. (Tuz is a pretty funny guy! :lol: )

Hi Steven,

Finally got thru to the site and had a little listen.

Gorgeous tune with beautiful vocals is all I'll say!

Thanks for posting this!

Dave

I'm much obliged by your dedication and percerveerance to puruse my tune Dave. Mighty kind of you. :D

Why am I talking like a cowboy? Because I just shot one of Tuz's songs all up Dick "The Twin" James style. WOOO-HOOOO, I gone bagged me a flea bitten varmit! :lol:

You folks ain't heard nothing yet! 8)

Steven West wrote:You folks ain't heard nothing yet! 8)
Aawh Haaww - keep 'em coming my good man - keep 'em coming!

:)

Dave

here's an alternate link you can use. :D

http://home.comcast.net/~mr.uz/FATK.mp3

Tuz is so smart and wise. He make music go now. I keep Tuz long time. Cannot have him back. Here, take Jordie LaForge now. I keep Tuz. Tuz is VERY smart. :D (A little Star Trek humour for the die hard fans here. ;) )

Thanks a bunch Tuz. :hail:
Now EVERYONE can listen... Whether they enjoy it or not after they do - we can't control that can we? :?

:hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”