[LoFi-Ambient-Dub-Hop] Surfing On Asteroids (Finished)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sunny cheerful kind of sound mick.
would agree the beats need a little more variation.
cool sounds and melodic stuff popping all over.
8)

Pleasant listening, although it sounds a little too 'raw' at the moment. I'd like to hear some analoguesque saturation/compression on the drums and a few of the other odd sounds poking out of the mix. May one suggest Dominion, NorthPole or iZotope Vinyl for this purpose? :D

The 'rawness' is cool though, let a few things cut through whatever :D
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

yep it is another mood from you.

lighter and a bit sunny i´d say.

but for me dub and ambient is more slowly in the beats. But does it matter?

The pad sounds are nicwe and teh bubbles and changes also.

Sometimes I had the feeling the rythm was too repetitive, espacially the `tom-roll`. but its just my kinda taste.

Production is as always top.

So bring more of that.

Thanks all. :D

I'm working on an update now, based on what I've read here. :)

Some bits without the main beat, slight restructure, a few subtle changes here and there - hang fire, should be ready in a day or two. :D

Nice little tune tharrrrr 8)

Had a sort of eastern feel to it for some reason, inspired me to tidy my room too :? :help: :lol:

A very highly enjoyable tonal treat; about the only thing I would want to highlight is the desire to hear more variation in the percussion. Compared to the different sounds going on, the toms just kept doing the same thing.

More please :D

Thanks Hunter, Thanks Mark...
working on it now... :wink:

I'll see what I can do about that percussion - it wasn't created in the usual manners though.
It's neither a drum kit nor samples, but was created on a synth - so, with it being a synth sound rather than actual beats, I dunno. But I'm investigating possibilities cos so many people have mentioned that.
I kinda wanted it to be the incessant, driving beat all the way through the track.
In fact, the track was built around that sound. :lol:
But now I've dropped it out a couple of places, and I've got used to it not being there, the lack of it is adding atmosphere...
Got a busy day / evening scheduled so I won't be able to spend as much time as I'd like today tweaking it, but it's taking shape thanks to the feedback here. 8) :D
I'll post the update asap. :)

Glassback wrote:Thanks Hunter, Thanks Mark...
working on it now... :wink:

I'll see what I can do about that percussion - it wasn't created in the usual manners though.
It's neither a drum kit nor samples, but was created on a synth - so, with it being a synth sound rather than actual beats, I dunno. But I'm investigating possibilities cos so many people have mentioned that.
I kinda wanted it to be the incessant, driving beat all the way through the track.
In fact, the track was built around that sound. :lol:
But now I've dropped it out a couple of places, and I've got used to it not being there, the lack of it is adding atmosphere...
Got a busy day / evening scheduled so I won't be able to spend as much time as I'd like today tweaking it, but it's taking shape thanks to the feedback here. 8) :D
I'll post the update asap. :)
make a loop of it and load it into the orion sampler
then have a little fun with the grooveslicer 8)

opiadream wrote:make a loop of it and load it into the orion sampler
then have a little fun with the grooveslicer 8)
hehe - I've actually streamed the loop to wav and am busy slicing the wavepattern - same thing, but different. :lol:

I listened to this last night. Pretty good, although I didn't enjoy the first few bars of the drums (with delays?), it felt like it took a bit to get going. Like others, I wasn't keen on the tom roll thing. The track builds up nicely though, keen to see where you take it next. Ironically, as with most of the tracks of yours I've listened to, although there's no common genre, I think your style is recognisable.

Cool, its like I'm taking a dreamy bath in the middle of a robot factory

*Link removed*
If anybody's interested, here's where it's ended up so far.

On the percussion: filtered sections more pronouncedly filtered, opi's snare reduced, toms cut right back, some timing issues sorted.

There's been some restructuring, which is noticable right from the first bar and the lead sound's been changed. Can't quite get that sounding right just yet. eq possibly, but a notch this way or that alters it so drastically...

It's had a slight rewrite in a couple of places and some of the eq's have been sorted out, hopefully for the better.

Gotta call it a day for now cos, well, to be honest, I'm bloody sick of hearing it at the moment! :lol:
Last edited by Glassback on Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GB this is gettting really better.
Now the track is superb.

I hear the difference and for me it is much improved.

8) :love: :love: 8)

Yes in deed it is a keeper and I´m a bit sad it isnt on the CD ;-)

I can understand that you´re fat up with it for the moment, but Im not :-)
So I will give it a few more spins here.

More of these is welcome :)

Nice tune to listen to when struggling with a complex C++/Assembler routine. :wink:

Very nice produced, with a lot of attention to detail.

I'll keep it on my HD, thanks!

OK, I think I've got it. :)

Here's the tune that's going on my site:
Surfing On Asteroids (7.29mb, 192Kbps)

I've been listening to this most of today, so I hope it sounds as ok as my ears are telling me it does. :lol:

Anyway, enjoy. :D

Return to “Music Cafe”