Don't Eat The Pills, laLuna, and Distortoverb

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am new to the forum, and I would just like to take a moment to introduce myself....

Hi.
I call myself JediNight. (today)
This is my music. (not all of my music, obviously, just some neat stuff)

Don't Eat The Pills
http://www.freewebtown.com/JediNight/ga ... -17435.mp3

laLuna
http://www.freewebtown.com/JediNight/ga ... -17437.mp3

Distortoverb (will have vocals recorded in the future, but for now its still a neat groove)
http://www.freewebtown.com/JediNight/ga ... -17438.mp3

Give it a listen and let me hear your input.

input is welcome, btw

nice tunage 8) esp. laLuna

welcome :D

steve.

Welcome aboard;

Only had time to listen to the first one here and hope to have some time to listen to the others later today.
Sounding pretty cool with the skipping noises and cool bass-drive.

this is good man

Cool stuff, dude. A bit jarring at times (perhaps some more reverb would be in order in some places, or something, just needs a bit more atmosphere), but it's sounding nice, anyway. 8)
-Veg
(:

Only listened to 'Don't Eat the Pills' so far. Very interesting; would like to hear drums and pads more upfront. Nice work, man :wink:
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

"The network connection has failed" Nooooooo ! Just when I got to the break. :(
My connection fails in this link each time .

Anyway. I really like the distant drums in the middle of the tune. But I'm not a fan of these 'dentist drill' distorted sounds. Too edgy for me. Didn't hear all of it, though. My broadband is pants.

My apologies, im sure the network thing may be connected to the sucky (web)host i used to put these up. but hey, it was free.
Last edited by |J|E|D|I| on Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hey mate nice sounds.
electrofurutirsm :D
sailorboy

Don’t eat the pills
there’s a lot of bass with relatively little high which gives it a rather heavy feeling. It sounds very machine-like in a way, with a mechanical repetitiveness like a robot arm standing at the conveyer belt assembling tanks. That massive lead sound is perfect for the role it has in the song. The ending is really cool with some nice, nice sounds.

Distortoverb
This one has a nice transparent atmosphere woven into it. Empty like the night can be on during a cold winter. There is a build up of tension that speaks of impending change, a change that may very well not be for the better. Nicely done. In the beginning it sounded like a cool retro-mod-like song but then it took some unexpected turns into a more original and unpredictable direction with that real cool tension build up. It ended up being way cooler than I initially expected. Though, again it seems focussed on the low.

The intro to LaLuna is pretty. This song takes quite a journey and ends up sounding quite different towards the end. Not unlike a traveler who travels for many years before you see him again. He’s still him though big time influenced by the events that crossed his past so he’s not quite the same as when left. I like that. I didn’t really like the off-key part of the song. The strings towards the end are pretty & pretty emotive. Gives it more depth & perspective. The short repeating theme played by the spacey-sine-like-synth could perhaps have been more in the background so they would have been working on a more subconscious level and prevent them from annoying on the conscious… at least that what I would have done. Anyway LaLuna is nice up to the point where the strings come in. From there on it’s awesome.

All in all you’ve got some nice tunes there Jedi(k)night. I like all of them but Distortoverb is my favorite. Is that also the most recent one? I would almost describe you like a diamond. You’ve got some nice sparkling ideas but you’re a bit rough still - you need some polishing still.

Welcome to KVR and I for one am looking forward to hearing more from you sometime.

Thanks for sharing.
~leave through a door.~
http://www.eretsua.com

Return to “Music Cafe”