KVRers' Tribute to John Peel

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

clueless wrote:I haven't really thought this through, but f**k it.

There's enough of us here who loved the guy and are endebted to him, and will miss him terribly, so why not show it?

A Tribute to Peely*

discuss.

*A complete free-for-all, obviously 8) :D
FOr those of us who are ignorant yobbos, can you link to some music or more information?

Mo Verdigast wrote: FOr those of us who are ignorant yobbos, can you link to some music or more information?
Start here Mo:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 955511.stm
Now with improved MIDI jitter!

Mo Verdigast wrote:
clueless wrote:I haven't really thought this through, but f**k it.

There's enough of us here who loved the guy and are endebted to him, and will miss him terribly, so why not show it?

A Tribute to Peely*

discuss.

*A complete free-for-all, obviously 8) :D
FOr those of us who are ignorant yobbos, can you link to some music or more information?
start here

im in clueless 8)

This sounds like a beautiful idea.

I did not know John Peel or know of John Peel until his passing so I can't connect with the news of his death on a personal level.

However I think the K-v-R community has managed to convey to me something of what this loss is.

If this is not restricted to any genre I'd love to contribute.

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Caleb wrote:
If this is not restricted to any genre I'd love to contribute.

Caleb

as you said yourself you didnt know much about him before now.this is the guy that championed good music.one minute hed be spinning some african calypso type groove next some full on grindcore.the only definitions he had were good and bad 8)
and damn did some of that stuff sound good at the wrong speed 8)

vurt wrote:and damn did some of that stuff sound good at the wrong speed 8)
Peel classic, playing trax at the wrong speed :lol:

Maybe I should compose something, mix it down and then record the result of playing it at the wrong speed?

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Caleb wrote:Maybe I should compose something, mix it down and then record the result of playing it at the wrong speed?

Caleb

sorry :oops: in my usual stoned monkey sorta way i rambled when all i was going to say was nope,genres not defined :)

I´d like to join as well

great idea

rsmus7 soon at manc wrote:I´d like to join as well

great idea
I second that emotion! :!:

think i may go grindcore for this after the boltthrower peel sessions 8)

great idea clueless. peel's passing has left a huge hole in my world concept, simply can't imagine him not there - as if without him the evil of the corporate music world will prevail :( . i got into kvr because of its integrity and it was peel who taught me how to recognise that, all those years ago. can't think of a more natural or better way to celebrate this figurehead of humanity.

'a teenage kick, so hard to beat'

regards

I'm in too. 8) Now Ezeeboogie mentioned in another thread about compiling as many 1min tracks onto a CD as he could. And are you proposing more 'full length' contributions Clueless? :?

Personally, I like the 1min aspect myself - keeps us focused, and can probably show a heck of a lot of variety in 72-78 tracks? Not just as a rememberance of good ol' John Peel, but would make a nice keepsake for ALL KVR members to remember all the KVR members as well?

And/or - a more full length CD from artists here that were actually touched by John Peels hands in one way or another? I for one know John Peel got my 45rpm back in '87 or so. Whether he actually played it, or used it as a coaster - I don't know? :? But I think other members here stated that they were actually played by John Peel at one point and/or met the man, and maybe that makes them better qualifiers?

So maybe a 'influenced by' CD that Ezeeboogie could maybe handle, and a 'touched by' CD you could handle Clueless? :?

Just tossing ideas out to see if they stick? :wink:

Yeah I think we need to combine tributes. I very much like the one minute of noise idea but I don't think we should neccessarily be so restrictive. I'll get in touch with clueless and see if we can't find a way of combining the ideas or maybe having two tributes running side by side.

We do need to combine both threads I feel. Leave it with me I'll get back to you guys as soon as we sort something out.

Thank you to everyone who has offered to do stuff so far.

I'm still finding this hard to come to terms with. I think it's partly the suddeness of John's death but I'm finding I have to stay busy because If I stop doing things, I just think about how utterly depressing it is that John has gone.

Return to “Music Cafe”