Soul by me (my first KvR splash). Feel free to destroy.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been lurking here for a few years and posting every once in a while. Here's a song I recently did during a RCC weekend (Rapid Composers Consortium) in 8 hours. This the kind of style I most enjoy working with.

http://www.midiwarez.net/rcc/november20 ... o_Down.mp3

Have fun.

:band:

UPDATE,
if you liked this, be sure to check out http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=823269

:band2:
Last edited by Kingston on Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

nice groovy tune, i like the crunchy production, the kick sounds a little bit too crunchy :) but its great for 8 hours work, how do those RCC weekend things work?
galaxy rayyys! powerful.

in efnet #midiwarez IRC channel every month we have a day (24 hours) to make something and submit it there. Then we talk about the stuff that was submitted, production and all that. Fun!

(Don't let the channel name put you off, it's not actually warez (and it's not condoned either) related and the talk circles around similar stuff to KVR.)

Nice work!!! Really enjoyed this tune. I've got crappy speakers so I can't critique the mix. As far as arrangement and tune, this thing is top notch. I liked the lo-fi drums also. :D
"..because anybody can
or should be able to rock off turntables
Grab the mic, plug it in and begin
..." -KRS-One
www.myspace.com/synthlegend

I liked this. It's got a nice nightclub feeling about it. If it is a little rough around the edges then that just adds to the feeling. How much eq did you use on the vocals? The reason I ask is that they sounded a little bit telephone like. But I'm nitpicking. A great job!

simesf
www.drippycat.com - switchaball for iPhone, switchballHD for iPad

An excellent tune. Really like the guitar that's panned to the right, get a great heavy tone from it.

Cheers,
Steve

There's barely any EQ on vox, a bit extra air added that saturates nicely with TapeBus. I wanted that kind of nightclub feel to it, raw and clear. I wouldn't say telephone-like, I'd rather think "early motown". :hihi:

Guitar is Vox Tonelab, can't remember what amp/cab.

wow, this is definately cool. yeah, it's got a nice smoky nightclub feel to it. what did you use for drums?
guitar sounds great; and good singing too!

Drums are BFD (standard version) played straight from keys and a bit of editing.

The mix has GCO1 and GlissEQ2 (dyn0) all over it. Also the spanking new TapeBus on drum bus and vox.

bump

:band2:

hey man , you got "the " feelin
nice
horacio
sailorboy

nice smoky nightclub feel to it, crunchy production, great heavy tone, even "the" feelin...

Seems like the song found its audience.

Thanks a lot people. 8)

Cool stuff!

Forever,

Kim.

nice fuckin work,smokey bar indeed 8)
heavy soul!

:o :-o

Very cool one Kingston!

I can almost picture u performing live at Woodstock 8)
(if u get what i mean)

Just that it's damn short!

Any plan for an extended version? :D

Return to “Music Cafe”