KVR member releases - GOSSIP

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

REVIEWS / COMMENTS

Na-Koja-Abad - Fleeting Glimpses

“Deep atmospheres, soundworlds and non-typical percussion grooves designed for subterranean travel”

– Byron Metcalf, percussionist, Ph.D. Transpersonal Psychology

“Fans of both the organic, darker and mysterious aesthetics of Alio Die and the thunderous, multi-instrumental tribal ambience of Steve Roach’s more recent works, should find considerable enjoyment in the sounds of this young, Bosnian artist known mysteriously as Na-Koja-Abad. A term deriving from Persian mysticism, Na-Koja-Abad means literally “land of nowhere.” The moniker is quite apropos for the mystical and surprisingly organic statement that suffuses Fleeting Glimpses.

Indeed, these sounds are purposeful and feel as though they emanate from a deep clarity within the artist. This is all the more surprising when we consider Na-Koja-Abad’s youthful twenty-four years. Clearly, there is something going on in these sounds that is deeply personal—if this was intended, Fleeting Glimpses succeeds admirably in its artistic honesty.

The beautiful mix of soft-synth textures and a various array of percussion instruments effortlessly permeates the entire mix. Combined with often thundering tribal percussion, the work succeeds in holding the listener’s attention. With titles like “Invocations in the Bowels of the Wind” and “Barzakh [Memories of Memories],” these mysterious and often tribal-ceremonial feeling sounds demonstrates that Na-Koja-Abad has absorbed his persona as kind of new “sonic shaman.” I suspect his following should only blossom with time.

In terms of standout tracks, my favorite is the wonderfully visual “Liquid Silhouettes.” This track and others evoke glowing images of the painted walls of prehistoric caves, cliffs, and rock formations. “Liquid Silhouette” stands out especially for its lingering, almost carbonated hiss that climbs from the distant smoke of a purposeful, almost ritualistic fire—the voices of spirits, perhaps? In short, these sounds really induce a deeply organic connection in the listener. A connection that leads to everywhere and nowhere much in the way Oophoi’s work often does, but Na-Koja-Abad prefers a simpler often more focused approach. Taken as a whole, the rhythmic focus of Fleeting Glimpses does sometimes lead to a bit of redundancy in sound, but Na-Koja-Abad’s aesthetic vision succeeds overall in transcending the familiarity that often comes from an over reliance on tribal ambient clichés.”

– Ben Fleury-Steiner, Wind and Wire Magazine

oops sorry

Prices of the two Na-Koja-Abad CDs have been reduced for a December holiday sale, ending January 1st, 2005

OK, I've decided to release a CD at last.

It's going to be called the Salt Lake EP - older members may have listened to it in its entirety but it's OK cos I'm uploading it again for the rest of you. :D :D It's going to have some bonus tracks on it [I wouldn't want to waste space on perfectly good CD's after all :D :D ] so here's the tracklisting:

The Salt Lake EP

Track 1: Arid, Cracked and Silent
Track 2: Almost Equinox
Track 3: Hope Isle
Track 4: Devil's Triangle
Track 5: Rabbit's Peak

Bonus Tracks

Track 6: Distress Signals of A Hesitant Nature
Track 7: Midnight Lawn
Track 8: When The Moon Comes Out To Play
Track 9: The Spring Gardener [Bajongo Remix]
Track 10: Stavromula Beta

That's it ladies and gentlemen. PM me if you want to have it, I'm going to have to arrange something for shipping costs but other than that it's absolutely free. :D :D

Let me know if you're interested, really. :D

Cool Tris Count me in.

Just so you all are aware. I will be releasing a Cd when I have some more tracks done. Maybe in six months if I can figure out the best way to distribute it. I am half done with five tracks that are up to snuff. There are at least four more needed to round it out. These may take a few months to get done. I also want to mix it properly using better monitors/room than I have now.

Don't tell I didn't warn y'all!

Cheers,
Gordon

I'll look forward to your CD, Beardedone.

I finally started a thread over in the "Everything Else" forum that I think will probably be valuable to folks like you as they are thinking about how to duplicate CD's and artwork. I'm hoping to get something useful out of it.

http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 917#833917

Greta stuff Jeff. I ahve a lot to learn and plan befor I'm ready.

Cheers,
Gordon

After Christmas.....

11 tracks, poss 12, 3 of which are unheard here. Track sequence still being experimented with.

Cash only :wink:

I posted another thread about the release of my latest CD, but here it goes again:

LAST RAVE ON MARS

Enjoy the samples, and orders welcome :D
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
jax wrote:I posted another thread about the release of my latest CD, but here it goes again:

LAST RAVE ON MARS (http://www.cafepress.com/tonborecords.15503509)

Enjoy the samples, and orders welcome :D
Well done, man, well done...

8)
Once a fool, always a fool!

Thanks. Had some good comments, some PMs :) but...

... no orders (or almost) so far :cry:

Anyway I had a lot of fun making it :D
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

chagzuki's CD is still in transit

just listened to opiadream's "sleepless in dreamland" -- excellent album -- definitely deserves another listen without any other distractions

it's great to feel excited about new music again

[edit: received Chagzuki's just a few days after ordering -- also an excellent album, exactly the kind of futuristic thriller soundtrack music that I expected from the demo clips]
Last edited by hao nao on Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
5 twelve

havran wrote:chagzuki's CD is still in transit

just listened to opiadream's "sleepless in dreamland" -- excellent album -- definitely deserves another listen without any other distractions

it's great to feel excited about new music again

waitin on opis and been listenin to chagzukis the past few days 8) you will agree havran,well worth the wait 8) as im sure i will be about opis,the man has a voice that could make angels weep 8)

i agree about the excitement of these things - i've had opiadream's 'sleepless in dreamland' on the player pretty much constantly, well at least once a day. truly beautiful and mesmerizing. i need to check out some of these other releases 8).

regards

another satisfied customer here ...
opia / sleepless is ichi ban ...

Return to “Music Cafe”