KVR member releases - GOSSIP

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Frantz wrote:
seismic1 wrote:The album titles that you see in the mp3 tags on Soundcloud are really just container ids for my use.
OK, I will stop reserving space for "Concert Rust" on my CD rack. :)
At this point in time, Concert Rust (the container) is still incomplete. I have one more track from that collection ready to go, another being mixed, which leaves space for 5 or 6 new tracks.

I am also working on another "album", Revenant, for which 2 tracks are complete.

Who knows? They may be "officially" released in the form of their conception.
Frantz wrote: I listened to the album again today. "Waves" emerged as another favorite but there isn't a weak track on the album. Lots of great compositions. The mixes are excellent. Some of it is reminiscent of early 80s TD which is a plus in my book.

The only slight letdown for me is the digital nature of many of the synths used where the sound doesn't vary much from note to note. Perhaps if I pester you enough, you will change synths just to shut me up. :-P

Overall, fantastic job on this Seismic! :tu:
I'm glad you like the album. It was made with "free" synths apart from small parts on 3 tracks for Pro-53, Wave 2.V and LoungeLizard Session. Since I recorded these, and indeed, the Concert Rust tracks, I have acquired some new toys, some of which appeared on "Axis Part 1" and "Timepiece". I have also been increasing the automation used on some of my recent remixes. Maybe these changes will address some of these issues.

A quick update to say Occultation is a great album. I had it on repeat at work today.

"The Hatrix" is another excellent track. It reminds me of the quieter moments of Tangerine Dream's Tangram.

Frantz wrote:A quick update to say Occultation is a great album. I had it on repeat at work today.

"The Hatrix" is another excellent track. It reminds me of the quieter moments of Tangerine Dream's Tangram.
Thanks very much for that, Frantz. I'm pleased that the novelty hasn't worn off :lol:

Thanks very much for the Tangram reference. I still have that one on the original vinyl.

Your support and enthusiasm is greatly appreciated :tu:

I'll second the TD sound on this.

Don't mind the digital sound of the synths really...TD went very digital-sounding in the 80s. My fave period is the rubycon/ricochet/phaedra era, but I do still listen to some of the early 80s records like Tangram, Exit (which some of the sounds on The Hatrix remind of more), and in particular Hyperborea.

It's the late 80s to 90s TD that I don't listen to, although I did at the time (that was around my musical awakening, and thanks to my family TD was a big part of that).

This album seems a bit more varied than just a TD homage though to me as a whole. Some more modern 90s electronica reference points in there.

Favourite is easily Omen. I like the darker atmos on it to the generally light mood of the album.

Certainly worth the £3 asking price, so I grabbed it. :)

(edited for stupid typos)
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:I'll second the TD sound on this.

Don't mind the digital sound of the synths really...TD went very digital-sounding in the 80s. My fave period is the rubycon/ricochet/phaedra era, but I do still listen to some of the early 80s records like Tangram, Exit (which some of the sounds on The Hatrix remind of more), and in particular Hyperborea.

It's the late 80s to 90s TD that I don't listen to, although I did at the time (that was around my musical awakening, and thanks to my family TD was a big part of that).

This album seems a bit more varied than just a TD homage though to me as a whole. Some more modern 90s electronica reference points in there.

Favourite is easily Omen. I like the darker atmos on it to the generally light mood of the album.

Certainly worth the £3 asking price, so I grabbed it. :)
You're right. This album isn't just a TD revisitation, but I am certainly very heavily influenced by their music from '72-'82, along with a lot of other Prog stuff from the '70s through the mid '80s.

I think The Hatrix was made using only DominatorCM and some basic FX. Omen was a bit of a fluke really. It was the first "dark" track I ever wrote and, thankfully, I resisted the urge to keep adding to it.

I'm dead chuffed that you picked up on some '90s references on here, because I lived a very "sheltered" life between '85-'95, and consequently had no real feel for the music of that era. It was only relatively recently that I was able to catch up with some of the music of that time.

I'm really pleased that you liked the album :D

P.S. If you like that '70s/'80s TD stuff, check out Tom Re-Armed on my SoundCloud page

seismic1 wrote:I'm dead chuffed that you picked up on some '90s references on here
I don't doubt that there are 90s references but I wouldn't be able to pick up on them. I drunkenly stumbled into a couple of rave events in the 90s and saw kids spastically waving glowsticks around to breakbeats. I thought, "WTF is going on? :shock: I'm too old for this, I'm getting out of here." :hihi:

I think "Waves" is vaguely Mode-ish, sort of "Enjoy the Silence"-ish . I like it a lot.

Deleted: Wrong thread :oops:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

my album : the order of things has been released.

the album consist of 10 tracks with a total running time of about 75 minutes. the style is a blend of oldschool dirty industrial, psychedelic, rhythmic noise, and dark ambient.

enjoy!
http://chaoswyrm.bandcamp.com/album/the-order-of-things
ImageImageImage

Frantz wrote:
seismic1 wrote:Occultation by Whatsisname

Released 2014-02-06, available on Bandcamp, with a running time of over 58 minutes.

8 tracks of beat-driven, melodic electronica accompanied by a smattering of ambient electronic soundscaping available for download for £3.00 in a choice of encodings.

I have been listening to this album while working from home today. It holds up very well. It deserves a bump. :)
Hey Frantz,

Glad this album is still doing it for you, 5 months on :)

Comments like these are very much appreciated. I have just started thinking about the next album. I probably won't start serious planning until the end of the year. Hopefully there won't be too much remixing involved next time.

Ok gossip you know., I asked a guy what vsts they use and didn't get a reply. I am funny, right? :D
As if it is any special. Not. Horrible music anyway, but THAT I didn't tell them..

Occultation was just reviewed at the exceedingly tasteful and entertaining makeyourowntaste.com

It can be found here:-

http://makeyourowntaste.com/2014/08/19/ ... o-revue-2/

It's a great site, containing reviews and articles covering ambient, psychedelic, post-rock, folk, progressive rock, etc.

The album can be found at

http://whatsisname.bandcamp.com/album/occultation

seismic1 wrote: The album can be found at

I gave Occultation another listen today. Very enjoyable. :phones: :tu:

Frantz wrote:
seismic1 wrote: The album can be found at

I gave Occultation another listen today. Very enjoyable. :phones: :tu:
Thanks Frantz :D

A couple of weeks ago I made the decision to make another album. I won't start putting it together until after Christmas, and I'm not really sure what form it will take. I'm sure it will involve some remixing and my latest mastering chain. And maybe some new toys too :wink:

seismic1 wrote: A couple of weeks ago I made the decision to make another album. I won't start putting it together until after Christmas, and I'm not really sure what form it will take. I'm sure it will involve some remixing and my latest mastering chain. And maybe some new toys too :wink:
Are you accepting pre-orders? New toys. Cool.

Hey guys,
I have been releasing my songs here for years. Now I have donated the use of all of my work to the future free energy concerns and gotten a lot of attention. I dedicated my latest album to John Searl and his perpetual motion power generation science. Since then I have had over 700,000 free downloads of my albums.
I have fallen on hard times and I could really use some sales revenue this Christmas! Perhaps you can spread the good word of this album. :tu:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/levity/id918145552
18/05/13
Noah Wolfe Cohn

Return to “Music Cafe”