Depeche Mode remix

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sicklecell666 wrote:You should do 'Flies on the Windscreen'.
I'm planning to have a go at that one, I'm inspired now!!! :shock:
Analogue or digital – which is better? There's only one way to find out... FI-I-IGHT!!!

Cheat Mode wrote:
Just do it justice, as that's one of my DM faves.

:love:

I also like the remix. The vocal is probably from one of the live DVDs. Gahan is usually solo on the center channel. It is kind of funny to mute the other speakers and hear him sing, miss notes, grunt, and say "Thank You!" over and over :) Makes me feel better about my vocal tracks! (I love Depeche Mode and am not dissing Gahan.)

I find Live DVDs are a great source of sampling. You can often get isolated instruments because of surround sound conventions. A tip: Using the PC tools DVD Decrypter and BeSweet you can translate a DVD AC3 channels into WAV files without having to resample.

Sicklecell666 wrote:
Cheat Mode wrote:

same here - just can't decide which version i prefer: the standard one, or the brilliant one from the paris dvd.

isdjan wrote:
Sicklecell666 wrote:
Cheat Mode wrote:

same here - just can't decide which version i prefer: the standard one, or the brilliant one from the paris dvd.
Well, mine too actually! Maybe we should start a subgroup of the DM fan club?! :lol:

/Sp-Sp
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

oh well -
considering again, i got at least *two* favs by dm - the mentioned one, and "question of lust".

Track went down great on Friday! Full playlist for the night, is here...

http://www.sunglassesatnight.com/playlists3.05.html

:)

thats good news - congrats, jbravo :)

thanks, yes it is!

I love that codec and flexor track btw
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Very nice remix, D.M. sound feeling. But when i listen music made in Fruity loops, i don't know why (i don't use FL), it sounds very tiny and digitally. What about extract all separate tracks from FL and mix and master it for example in Cubase SX ? I think it will sound much bigger and more natural than mixdown from FL ....

Maybe we should start a subgroup of the DM fan club?
Count me in!!!!!!!!!! :D
black macbook+LIVE 7

counterfeit wrote:
Maybe we should start a subgroup of the DM fan club?
Count me in!!!!!!!!!! :D
you need to rework your sig before ;-)

It wasn't on the Paris DVD was it? It was on Devotional but I'm sure they didn't do FOTW during the Exciter tour.

Listening to DM is what got me into writing music, by an amazing twist of fate I saw Martin Gore at Heathrow Airport last June and managed to engage him in conversation. :o
Analogue or digital – which is better? There's only one way to find out... FI-I-IGHT!!!

you need to rework your sig before :wink:

I recall my junior high school when I and my friend were sending each other notes during the classes with excerpts of DM lyrics on and the other one had to guess the song (consider we are Swedish and were 13 years old!). That was quite a way to learn English - and then when I went to USA for a year at the age of fifteen I was the only one in the class who knew the meaning of the word "blasphemous"...

/Sp-Sp
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

I love that codec and flexor track btw
Great isn't it?

I like the "electro" scene cause there are so many styles of music under the same umbrella. I couldn't go to a club and listen to say, house all night. At least on this one you get punky guitars, old ebm, techno, synthpop and Italo all together. Sometimes in the same song!
when I went to USA for a year at the age of fifteen I was the only one in the class who knew the meaning of the word "blasphemous"...
:lol:

Return to “Music Cafe”