Depeche Mode remix

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:) Well, in Swedish the title would be "Ogudaktiga rykten". Try to get that phrase in a song without breaking your tounge muscle!

/Sp-Sp
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Cheat Mode wrote:
same here - just can't decide which version i prefer: the standard one, or the brilliant one from the paris dvd.
It wasn't on the Paris DVD was it? It was on Devotional but I'm sure they didn't do FOTW during the Exciter tour.

Listening to DM is what got me into writing music, by an amazing twist of fate I saw Martin Gore at Heathrow Airport last June and managed to engage him in conversation. :o
rebrowsing the thread again, i admit that i mixed things up badly - i had "it doesn't matter two" in mind...my fault.

One of the best things about DM gigs is that you were never too sure what to expect; the live versions would differ from the single / album versions and they would be constantly evolving.

Listen to the versions of 'World In My Eyes' and 'Mercy In You' on Devotional and 'Enjoy The Silence' on One Night In Paris. They're effing superb. :shock:
Analogue or digital – which is better? There's only one way to find out... FI-I-IGHT!!!

Alan was the man.

Cheat Mode wrote:One of the best things about DM gigs is that you were never too sure what to expect; the live versions would differ from the single / album versions and they would be constantly evolving.

Listen to the versions of 'World In My Eyes' and 'Mercy In You' on Devotional and 'Enjoy The Silence' on One Night In Paris. They're effing superb. :shock:
that's perfectly true! they really put a lot of work into their setlist.

anyone remembers the drama alan wilder talked about? they prepared the live tracks in the studio but lost them due to technical probs, only a bunch of weeks before the tour should start...

what always impresses me when watching the paris dvd: the drummer. steinberg should hire him to improve their midi timing :hihi:

About a million years after the original post, finally had a chance to listen to this... Good track - never heard the original so can't comment on how it compares, but this is good stuff as it stands. I like it.

thanks SRF - I hope you can hear the original, cos it's very different!
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

jbravo, don't know whether you where asked this before, but...what instrument did you use for the bass? it's cuz i happen to like it :)

thanks for the interest isdjan. It's actually 2 instances of mda JX10, a soundfont and a sample that I made ages ago so I can't tell you what synth it was... I can send you multisamples of the bass if you want, just let me know

:( not sad enough, good sounds, but it killed the original idea. Good for any other depeche song, this style might have been good for king for a day, or behind the wheel. I really like the synth @ around 3:10, but once again, too damn happy. Groovy tho :D
don't be a sheep

thanks anonymous, I did take a perverse pleasure in ruining a sad song - that was half the fun. I'm obviously not a super-reverent fan :)

Anonymous Shadow wrote: Good for any other depeche song, this style might have been good for king for a day, or behind the wheel.
I've never heard of a DM song called King for a Day? :?: :?:

sorry, i meant enjoy the silence. that was the name that popped into my head cause of the video. I shoulda known this.
don't be a sheep

Jbravo wrote:thanks for the interest isdjan. It's actually 2 instances of mda JX10, a soundfont and a sample that I made ages ago so I can't tell you what synth it was... I can send you multisamples of the bass if you want, just let me know
nah thanks, sending would be too easy - i just wanted a hint. i felt the bass sounded slightly fm-like, really cool sound. and the drums are very nice.

by the way - do you happen to like the "freelove" single mix? that one somehow came to my mind when hearing your mix again.

erm, I only have the album version though I seem to remember hearing a beefier version on MTV once... maybe that's the track you're referring to. I like DM but I wouldn't call myself a fan so I'm not so familiar with all the tracks like a lot of people seem to be (but I am very familiar with the 80s synthpop sound generally - in fact I can't get away from it sometimes, people are always saying my music has an 80s feel to it when it's exactly what I didn't want - grrrr! :dog:)

Return to “Music Cafe”