[detroit techno netrelease] ronny pries - distant paths

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks so much for sharing the mixes with us ronnie,

just listening to time warp right now wishing i was in a detroit warehouse circa 88.

if only i could find clubs in london playing this music!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
galaxy rayyys! powerful.

Ronny, thx for sharing this...i consider this as a late xmas present. This is going back in time almost 10 years now GREAT.
I love to hear your newest work. :shock: :) 8)

dversa

One thing, the download for the playlist "timewarp" (oldschool detroit) have the wrong url, here is the good one :)

http://rohformat.smash-designs.de/rp-timewarp.txt

thx, corrected it!
aka rktic. demoscener (Farbrausch, Holon, MFX, Still), sound designer, ux-dude, sth @AudioRealism, human synthesizer—not necessarily in that order.

Oh my oh my oh my :D

I just love this! What software or hardware you use for this?

I have only had time to check the 1st one, and this is SSSOOO good! Straight hypnotic... as it should be! w00t! I can't wait to peep the rest!
:love:
ModuLR / Radio

I have the tracks on the HD now for some time allreadu and never added a few lines of appreciation to the thread so I will now. For some reason as a DJ I kinda got stuck in the more soulish Chicago stream and wasn't that superbly keen on the Detroit style. For playing that is, as somehow I had a secret admiration for this kind of music. Mills did me in with his first EP's back then and slowly UR got a hold on me which transgressed to the Red label and more. All time fave has to be the Hypnotist though..... errrrr.... I am drifting off course here, but thanks for getting me down memory lane here.

Gonna be checking the sets soon; though reserving them for a more evinging/night time listen rather then 8.20 in the morning.

Ehm; in short....

Techno as it was meant to be 8)

This is very very good :D
Perfect!

I will have to keep these tracks for sure. Actually i think i will have to go and look for my old plastikman discs.

i'm off...

:hug: gooood stuff! minimal like rob hoods definition of detroit tech! a few years ago I used to release sound like that on my label... I would still do, but I went back to good ol jazz, funky ambient stuff... jazz is the teacher! :)

:o i didn't expect so much appreciation for stuff like this on kvr. good to know :)

kmonkey22,
i'm using buzztracker hostwise, mostly vsti's (fm7, pro53, imposcar, albino, iblit...) and fx (uad-1, voxengo, ohmforce, kjaerhus classic series...).

you guys should definitely keep an eye on further rohformat releases and maybe check out former ones. our main topic is detroit techno from various perspectives.

work is calling...

ronny
aka rktic. demoscener (Farbrausch, Holon, MFX, Still), sound designer, ux-dude, sth @AudioRealism, human synthesizer—not necessarily in that order.

Really enjoied your mixes Ronny :love: Keep 'em coming.

hm hm hm just downloaded meltdown and The D, i downloaded 'Back in The Days' and 'Timewarp' back last year, I keep meanng to say this: thanks a million Ronny, especially for the first two sets, they totally changed the way I approached making music, no shit..very inspirational stuff.
Basically the first time I ever really listened to Old School techno too. In 2005! ;)

So I caught up and got 'the D' and 'Meltdown' some weeks ago, again thanks and this is worthy of a bump!

Marco :)

Return to “Music Cafe”