Warning - Rock n Roll

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Impaired

This song has extra cheese. :D

Yea, that's me trying to play rhythm and solo at the same time. I'm on vocals too.

Please, be brutal. I need it to get better.

I've come a long way since I found KVR. Thank you all.

The mp3 makes the song sound weird. I used Lame (it's free) through Audacity. Sound Click's free service only allows 128 bit. Can I make the mp3 better somehow?

Thank You

MIDI Orchestrator Plus
Traction
Quartz AudioMaster Freeware
Audacity
Lame

3S
sfz
Organ One

W1 Limiter
BLOCKFISH
Roomverb
ANWIDA Soft DX Reverb Light
Classic EQ
Tube Booster
C3 Multiband Compressor
Orange Peel
Green Gate
Final Mix Traction

Shameless BUMP

Power Pop, short sweet and full of energy, cool tune, always loved the eighties rockwhen this style ruled. Cool rythmn guitar too. The vocals are reminder of the Ramones which is cool in my book. 8)

Love it!!! The vocals are recorded really well. The drums? Well, where are they coming from? Samples? Are you playing them live? I don't want to critique until I know what I am critiquing.

In any case,very entertaining!!

cool tune! really like the drums, wish I could program something that had that kind of energy. Still there's something, I think, with the guitar. Everything else is so clean, and the guitar is so squashed. Sorry to be so vague, I'm a guitarist, but know f**k about amps and settings, etc (acoustic background)
but i really like the tune, and the energy you've captured!

Thank you all for the kind words.

The drums are through 3S using samples I got from a Future Music CD.

The guitar has been tweaked heavily, and I still can't make it shine. Any ideas?

Not bad at all.

My main problem in this tune is that the rhythm guitar and the drums don't fit well together.
It's almost as if they were playing two different grooves.

:wink:

Like everybody says, it is a pretty good song. Very 80's rock style.

The mix is not very clear - too muddy. Maybe some drastic eq on the distorted gtr sound to keep it out of the way and then some more drastic panning of the sounds will make it more transparent. Add some instrument (accoustic gtr or high synth pad) to give it some sparkle in the high end.

the groove is really really really off. it's so off that it's impossible to critique the rest of the song. work on lining up the rhythm of the bass and drums and guitar. just keep working at it, fix the groove, and repost the song so we can really critique it.

the rhythm guitar is a bit off the beat at times, but to tell you the truth I think the sloppiness makes it more fun. Nice job.

Van Greco wrote:the rhythm guitar is a bit off the beat at times, but to tell you the truth I think the sloppiness makes it more fun. Nice job.
no, there's sloppy in a good way, and sloppy in a bad way, and this is sloppy in a bad way. he asked for brutal criticism and wants to get better -- he needs the truth, not some sugar-coated let's-look-on-the-bright side complement.

he needs to fix the groove. i like sloppy, and sloppy can be a part of the groove, but this is beyond that. he should fix the groove first, then make it sloppier after if he wants.

Well, I actually liked it. But, thats just like my opinion man. Didnt see any need to be brutal. oh well.

androidlove wrote:Thank you all for the kind words.

The drums are through 3S using samples I got from a Future Music CD.

The guitar has been tweaked heavily, and I still can't make it shine. Any ideas?
how did you record the guitar? It sounds to me like you plugged it straight into the board, then used VSTs to add the distortion. To me, the tone sounds like a paper and comb.

Let us know how you recorded the guitars, then we can look at what to do to fix that.

Otherwise, I like the tune and its vibe.
"Ooo, look at me, I'm making people HAPPY! I'm the Magical Man from Happyland! In a gumdrop house on Lollypop Laaaaaaane!" - Homer Simpson

Sorry, but I don't really like the very bright mosquito-on-crack guitar sound. :wink:

I think filtering to let the lower tones through much more, and reducing much of the very high-pitched overtones would be more appropriate. The guitar is also mixed very loud, compared to some of the other instruments. It, and the vocals are almost all you hear.

Leave the vocals were they are, and reduce the shrillness and volume of the guitar. Bring up the volume of the organ. Also, let the drums kick a bit more loudly they currently do. Did you use a lot of compression on them?

I like the basic song well enough, but it could use a better mix, in my opinion.

take care,
McLilith

Sepheritoh wrote:Like everybody says, it is a pretty good song. Very 80's rock style.
Actually, late seventies. Imagine the organ being a little louder, and the guitar a bit more relaxed, then think of the song Dreaming, by Blondie.

take care,
McLilith

Return to “Music Cafe”