[repost by request] blood and bone [dub terror]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

By request, here it is again.

Recorded live to disc in Audio Mulch with a bunch of mostly acoustic odds and ends and excessive use of crusherX and ArcDev's Dubb Box.

Inspired indirectly by Thomas Ligotti's short story 'Nethescurial' (the interested should pick up the anthology 'The Nightmare Factory', for starters.).

Play at maximum volume so you can hear everything properly.

http://dystonia.audioshot.net/elemental ... ndbone.mp3
Last edited by dystonia_ek on Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hey dystonia...great piece. Atmospheric and comforting in its own fashion. I just got crusherx studio (as of last night) and find the piece very inspirational as I haven't quite figured out how the hell I want to use crusherX (glad I have it though).

Funny, I remember the great terror dub craze of the fall of ought four, but somehow I missed this one first time round.

This is killer stuff, it is as terror dub should be. Not your usual stylee, but well excellent.

Only gripe: 128kbps ! Seems a dastardly fate for such a full spectrum. Guess I'll have to wait for the disc to drop.

Cheers,
Steve

mayan wrote:hey dystonia...great piece. Atmospheric and comforting in its own fashion. I just got crusherx studio (as of last night) and find the piece very inspirational as I haven't quite figured out how the hell I want to use crusherX (glad I have it though).
Hey, thanks for the listen, and glad to see another crusherX user (there ain't too many of us 'round these parts).

8) like it.

shamann wrote: Only gripe: 128kbps ! Seems a dastardly fate for such a full spectrum. Guess I'll have to wait for the disc to drop.
Yeah, in an attempt to keep file size down... it does lose a lot. I started a second track in this vein (though a tad noisier) recently, and I'm contemplating pressing a 12" of the two... but it's so far off what I've been doing for the last years that I'm still sort of unsure.

Very atmospheric and scary :-o

I like :)

dystonia_ek wrote:Yeah, in an attempt to keep file size down... it does lose a lot. I started a second track in this vein (though a tad noisier) recently, and I'm contemplating pressing a 12" of the two... but it's so far off what I've been doing for the last years that I'm still sort of unsure.
You could always do like the special Wretch release from last Fall, with a bonus disc of incongruous tidbits. I don't think the veer from your general aesthetic would offend anyone, though I can understand the hesitation to mix music and anti-music.

On a selfish note, I am vinyl player-free, so I would say make it digital instead.

shamann wrote: You could always do like the special Wretch release from last Fall, with a bonus disc of incongruous tidbits. I don't think the veer from your general aesthetic would offend anyone, though I can understand the hesitation to mix music and anti-music.
Can't do that with my next CD unfortunately - it would really undermine the conceptual and sonic angle (plus it's already a double, so it's already riding the line of complete indigestibility, plus it's about as anti as I've ever gotten - it's a real endurance test, and not in a Merzbow sort of way either).

Maybe I'll just do it on CDR with a bunch of other homeless odds and ends that are piling up.

dead link alert!

cptgone wrote:
dead link alert!
Thought this thread was dead again. I'll put it back and post a new link. Gimme 15 minutes...

OK, one more time...

http://dystoniaek.org/sound/bloodandbone.mp3

It's about 35% uploaded as of 2:15 PM, EST, so hang on a few minutes before clicking.

thanks!

Thanks for the bump 8)

I had missed this completely

Return to “Music Cafe”