Tribute to Mellotron

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I've just spent the last week doing a song a day using as only sound source the mellotron (using M-Tron) No extra plugins other than eq/comp/reverb.

Please have a listen and tell me what you think

http://www.tyas.biz/mellotron/

(Otherwise I've been beta-testing Cronox3 and it's been great fun :D :D :D )

Nice work. Really mellow indeed.

My favorites are:
- The Man Who Walks
- Shame on Shame and
- Spotty's Drink

btw didn't know you're a ... ehm, pinup-guy. :shock: :o :lol:
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

oh, yes, very pin-upy guy indeed

Glad you enjoyed them. More should be made in the next few days, then I'll try and do vocal versions of each song, that should take me a bit more time

Ok, new song of the day
Underhanded Pleasure

Hope you enjoy it!

And yet another song, changed styles a bit here, and it's quite a bit longer too

La même rangaine

Is anyone enjoying any of these songs, or is it just me?

underhanded pleasure ha ha ..great, sounds so 60's continental style fellini or some such soundtrack type thing , very cool

I Agree, Underhanded Pleasure is really great and 60's .
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Thanks, glad you liked them (my favorite is still "The Man Who Walks")
New one comming soon :)

Are you composing this things on the fly or did you already had them written and composed and just recorded/sequenced them 1 a day? Cuz man, to compose things like that, one per day, u must be one hell of a melodic genius.

This is wild stuff. Heavy exotica lounge thing going on. What with the passing of Martin Denny, this seems an appropriate listen today.

Cheers,
Steve

kode_poet wrote:Are you composing this things on the fly or did you already had them written and composed and just recorded/sequenced them 1 a day? Cuz man, to compose things like that, one per day, u must be one hell of a melodic genius.
Yes, It takes me around 1 to 2 hours per song, so I do one a day for the moment.
I'm not spending too much time mixing them yet, I'll take them down to a studio where I have a uad-1 and a Poco card and better monitors for fine mixing. But I'm not too bothered about that yet!

Writing melodies is very simple for myself, I also do amateur film music, I make films myself, do photographique art expos and loads of other silly projects, so I can't spend too much time on writing music.
It's writing lyrics that takes me lots of time, but thats a different story.

Ok, last one for today, bad mix I'm afraid, and still trying to change styles a bit!

Early Night

Sometimes I wish I had ordered the 3rd Tape bank of the M-Tron before starting this project. I'll have to save up a bit before :(

Some cool stuff here! I love the Folkloric track. So unlike what you typically think of a Mellotron.

V.

Bookmarked, thank you! It's really some wonderful music. I think I'd like to cook dinner with this playing.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Wonderful stuff! I need mellow after a grueling day with 120 inner city middle schoolers. The M-Tron sounds great. Wonder how many of those sounds are in my group buy thingie from Squids.....
There is geometry in the humming of the strings, there is music in the spacing of the spheres. Pythagoras

Return to “Music Cafe”