Babaluma - Tsunami Tidal Waves Remix

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi all,

recently remixed an old track of mine.

all feedback welcome.

it's in an ambient krautrock stylee:

http://darkflame.hermetech.net/Musick/B ... Remix).mp3

btw i wrote this track a LONG time ago, years before the real thing so tragically hit last year :(

best wishes,

gregg.

I'm gonna be honest. It wasn't until about the six minute mark I thought to myslef this is a pretty cool track. The monotony kind of put me off, but it builds and builds and that watter sample at the end, its a really cool track.

thanks for the comments! glad you enjoyed!

the water sample at the end was my old fish tank filter multi-sampled and panned/reverbed etc, pretty cool sound i reckon.

take care,

gregg.

yeah really cool sample. What equipment do you use for field recordings?

i'm not really into field recording as such, although i do have a crappy portable sony MD-R which i never use, guess i should really!

i have a couple of crappy dynamic mics, but the one i use for nearly everything is the AKG C-1000S capacitor/condenser mic, which has a really bright sound compared to the dynamic mics.

the fish tank multi-sample was also put through the q-sound processor software which i used to have a demo of (i don't know if it's still available these days), which aims to throw the image outside the usual range of the speakers. seems to add a bit more depth.

thanks,

gregg.

Nicely executed minimalism - quite hypnotic.

I really want to get into field recording so I'm just looking out for different ways.

Thanks

dystonia_ek wrote:Nicely executed minimalism - quite hypnotic.
thanks for listening and commenting dude, i'm glad to see my track had the intended effect!

Return to “Music Cafe”