DEK vs. Endmusik round 2 [corrected version]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK, so some stuff got lost in my Etherine remix. Opened up my master file last night and the dry guitar channels were muted... :dog: which I missed when I did my first mix due to fatique and confusion about the 68 tracks of percussion hits.

Anyone who checked the old mix of this in Mike's thread may want to grab this one and get rid of the old one.
For folks who didn't hear the first one, all sounds are from Mike's original - I just processed everything repeatedly and chopped it into tiny bits for rearranging.

So, here's a version where you can hear the G2 stuff more clearly, making the track less of a drum solo...

click

I like separate elements of each mix. This version definitely has a better mix, and is ultimately more lush sounding, but I'm not much of a fan of that style of guitar playing (sorry Mike).

Feels like it runs out of steam after a while, a point where the drums don't seem as aggressive any longer. Might be useful maybe to do more cutup of some non-percussive sounds, build a complimentary rhythm out of consonant sounds, or throw in Squarepusher-like breakdown or two.

Cheers,
Steve

didnt hear the messed up version so im here with fresh ears and no expectations :)

really like whats happening here altho i do agree with shamann regards the drums they do seem to lose their edge and power,as for the guitar i like that,seems to have a opposing effect to the rest which for my ears kinda sits nice
cheers lads :)

Even master's can make a boo-boo..

nyah-nyah..I don't feel so bad about the supreme f**k-up I made on the Sloth beta that I haven't told anyone about yet..

:hihi:
Last edited by Sicklecell666 on Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the listen - not my style either, as you know, and I agree that the drums lose momentum. I just tend to lose patience with microscopic edits after awhile - it's as far from physicality as you can get. Originally what I wanted to do was just distorted spasming percussion with everything else reduced to a blurred soundwall, but it didn't work out so well and I have very limited free time, so...

hey why do you think i dont bother with drums anymore,i agree wit you completely on the micro editing.i cant physically play the drums in my tunes and editing them in takes a lot of the steam out of my sails when composing and playing,i like to just twist a knob and be able to hear and feel what is happening i nolonger want to sit tied to a mouse for four hours for each minute of drums am i mad or what????

I just noticed this thread- I'll listen to this tonight once I'm near my monitors :D

I did notice on the first version that the drums do lose speed, which isn't a bad thing. I'm going to (dystonia's approval permitting :D ) use these drums in what will be the album version, in which case the transition from active to less active drums could actually help transitions in the song.

I love the drum work though - played it for a couple of people last night and the general response to the drums was "much better than the originals" :hihi:

And I played a gridlock track right afterwords for my roomate, and he thought it was something I had done :hihi:

I'm psyched for this track though - it's one of my favorites that I've done, and those drums are a great contrast to the arrangement :D

You already have my approval Mike!

I know :D

wow, in context with the mix up - definitely freaking huge!

I love it :D

Beautifull stuff guys!

I only remembered having seen this in a time that my activity was at a low (including my puter)

Some digging to find it back, but boy; I'm glad I did :)

A unique collab to begin with
Truthfully, I don't have too much of a problem with the deminishing drums as I hear it as making place for the accoustic. Which I find very befitting although perhaps not strong enough. I feel it is getting lost a bit in the mix; especially in the some higher frequencies I think it clashes too much with the drums.

Now the track must have played at least 5 times here which in a way at times make you loose track of it :hihi: and more and more I am loving that guitar and how all elements are connected and most beautiful mixed and produced. Clarity of sound maestro's

Glad I didn't miss this in the end

Return to “Music Cafe”