I'll Bow Out, Too.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

geeseaplenty wrote: Thanks, Shane. I'm gonna experiment with the dirt on the e-piano. I'll also lose that "scratch" sound. Surprisingly, I didn't even mean to go for that effect. It was a sitar patch going through Phatsync (a step filter) and me doing a two-octave downward pitch bend, with some delay of course. No vinyl or scratching plug-in was used for that effect.

I'm glad you made me notice that's exactly what it sounds like!
cool. I'm sure you have seen the thread, but if not, the MrRay73 Rhodes is a great e-piano (http://www.soundfonts.it/). Combined with some cabinet emulation, it sounds just like you'd want it to. His "Effectizer" plug-in will do what you need in combo with MrRay73. I used it on my contest entry this month and was really pleased with the sound though my playing is sloppier than I'd hoped.

Please elaborate on what DFH-1 is for drums.

Are these pre-recorded drums, a soundfont or sampleset, or something else. They may be dated, but the playing/programming is superb.

Funky EP is nice as well - I might double it with a clav instead of adding dirt to the EP - try the clav in the plugsound free VSTi if you have it.
DFH 1: Drumkit From Hell 1. I play it with the Ayotte snare. All done in Battery with my custom GM mapping. The dopes at East/West declined us this simple convenience (what were they thinking?)!

I'm glad you notice the craft in the programming. As I used to be a drummer, I have an ear for what sounds authentic.

Good drum programming tip: swing and iterative quantize on the bass drum and hi-hats lend a human feel to drum grooves.

I'll try the clav idea. Thanks!

cool. I'm sure you have seen the thread, but if not, the MrRay73 Rhodes is a great e-piano (http://www.soundfonts.it/). Combined with some cabinet emulation, it sounds just like you'd want it to. His "Effectizer" plug-in will do what you need in combo with MrRay73. I used it on my contest entry this month and was really pleased with the sound though my playing is sloppier than I'd hoped.
Yes I have this and it's wonderful. I rather like the Super Quartet e-pianos and will experiment with effecting those first. MrRay73 will be my backup plan.

Actually, I forgot to say that the intro is a different drumkit. It's the brush kit from Edirol Super Quartet. The rest is DFH 1.

BUMP after 5+ months!!!

I was tooling aropund at Mixposure and remembered that last spring there was a great song on there from one of our members. I had to search my past posts to find this thread, but here it is. Good as ever, Geeseaplenty! 8)
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Hey, hey, hey. What can I say? I LOVE this song!
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Return to “Music Cafe”