I'll Bow Out, Too.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In deference to vurt's "Three-Hanky Press Conference" tactic, I present to you:

The Substance

[edit for misspelling]
Last edited by geeseaplenty on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YIKES! A BIG UGLY SPIDER! :help:

:lol: - this is a pretty slick tune! Puts me in mind of Portishead and Everything But The Girl or Shakesperes Sister. Very jazzy, R+B, soul feel to it indeed. :hihi:

Slick! 8)

I was hoping for a new tune. Still like this one.

re: the vurt thing. Biggest danger is that the kind of behaviour he was subject to could deter someone else from sharing their music or from making it in the first place. Posting here isn't supposed to be an invitation to hostility.

I was hoping for a new tune. Still like this one.

I know. Thread was a cheap joke/tactic and it'll probably backfire on me. Wish I had a new tune to coincide with the joke's timing, but oh well...

- this is a pretty slick tune! Puts me in mind of Portishead and Everything But The Girl or Shakesperes Sister. Very jazzy, R+B, soul feel to it indeed.
Thanks Steven!

But loose the spider my man! :scared:

It's actually a really smooth track, I dig it alot! Lou Rawls was the name I couldn't think of at the time... Not that your singer sounds anything like Lou! :-o But it's just that laid back soul you can get down with a fine lady to. ;)

Spider will be exterminated tonight.

Agreed, Lou Rawls is god.

Wow, excellent stuff Geeseaplenty... Maybe a few sharp digital edges on the mix i'd prefer were more analogue flavoured, but a great song and good production.
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

Thanx, griels. I'll try and warm it up with a plug-in.

Wow, this is working better than I thought!

holy shit you have a pretty voice!(and I mean that in a good way)
what are you using for drums? great programming,some nice rhodes and piano blends very well work in there(what did you use?). This is a great song very well done,multiple listens over here :hihi: .
ONe criticism ,in verse two you are using the a.m. or telephone effect thing for a call and response....that drives me crazy! everybody does that and I think that will really date your song.
Always like hearing stuff in this vein on kvr
Cheers
Max :)
Nobody's a nobody...

ONe criticism ,in verse two you are using the a.m. or telephone effect thing for a call and response....that drives me crazy! everybody does that and I think that will really date your song.
Agreed! As that's the scratch track, I was doing some lame experimenting--fell into the "phone vox" trap!

And thanks for your feedback and the compliments on my falsetto.

Drums are DFH 1. Rhodes is Super Quartet. [edit: Grand Piano is Edirol Orchestral. Forgot to mention that.] I'll repost it when I make some of the suggested changes.
Last edited by geeseaplenty on Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

yes!! great mood, man..love your voice! 8)
peace, Image

yes!! great mood, man..love your voice!
Yes, Autotune rules. Thanks. Do you hear any artifacts?

geeseaplenty wrote:
yes!! great mood, man..love your voice!
Yes, Autotune rules. Thanks. Do you hear any artifacts?
2:33?
peace, Image

2:33?
Yep!

Return to “Music Cafe”