[ElectroPop] Robot Dance Song by WilliamK

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Robot Dance - kinda ElectroPop

No loops used. ;-)

All WusikEngine products: Wusikstation, Manystation, VOX'd and TSW. Plus OrionPlatinum Drums and Anwida DX Reverber. 80% CPU usage on an AMD Sempron 2600+

Stream:
http://www.wusik.com/song.php?id=633&stream=y

Download:
http://www.wusik.com/song.php?id=633

This is not the final song yet, as I'm still working on it. So far only 2 minutes. But still, I would like to know if is good or not...

Best Regards, WilliamK

Dude, I'm diggin this!!! :D

Keep it rollin'!

What did you make it in?

Hi William,

This isn't exactly my style of music, so I may not be the best person to make informed comments, but here goes. :)

Generally, I think it sounds a bit metallic and dry.

The kick drum (I guess you would call it that) is very sterile and has no bottom. It also seems extremely compressed.

I think some careful application of a good convolution reverb to some of the instruments would help smooth out some of the instruments that seem edgy or metallic.

Most importantly, keep working on it, and don't let me spoil your fun!

:D
McLilith

i'm digging this. it's kinda one of those "la la" songs, where you hum it everyday - esp the melody.

:)
be part of the solution, not the problem

mr.me wrote:What did you make it in?
Thanks guys! :D

I used a Roland MC-50 MKII to sequence and as for the host I used OrionPlatinum. To save the song I imported the MIDI file into Orion and rendered the song.

The 2 Vocoder voices were made using Orion's Vocoder, is pretty darn good. ;-) I didn't had a mike, so I used an old AKG headphone to sample my voice. :lol:

The rest is Wusikstation, VOX'd, TSW and Manystation sounds. The Drums are from a very old MAZ collection, using Orion Drum Player. (not the sequencer)

Wk

BTW: I will be releasing my ElectroPop songs under a new name: http://vco.boy.wusik.com/

Wk

At least no one said: "Is a mix of Jazz and Funk, I call it JUNK" (Robots) :lol:

Wk

WilliamK wrote:At least no one said: "Is a mix of Jazz and Funk, I call it JUNK" (Robots) :lol:

Wk
Worse, would be a mixture of the country and rap genres...

:hihi:
McLilith

(Your song was neither country, nor rap, so don't worry.) :)

McLilith wrote:
WilliamK wrote:At least no one said: "Is a mix of Jazz and Funk, I call it JUNK" (Robots) :lol:

Wk
Worse, would be a mixture of Country and Rap...
:dog:

McLilith wrote::hihi: McLilith (Your song was neither country, nor rap, so don't worry.) :)
Hehe, ohh yeah, thanks. ;-)

Wk

this is funky but too short
also id like more robot voices
not threatening to wipe out mankind tho :o

vurt wrote:this is funky but too short
also id like more robot voices
not threatening to wipe out mankind tho :o
Hehe, sorry for the delay, got a bit stuck with work here and couldn't finish it yet... :cry:

Wk

Return to “Music Cafe”