March Birthdays by Beardedone

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey George! Glad you caught it. I guess this one won't scary baby too much. :hihi:

There were a number of events that turned me around over the past 2 weeks. In addition to those I indicated there was one I did not mention and only recently fiound out about: it was EW's being car jacked- this was chilling. Eric is a real prince and has helped me get through a number things I would not have been able to do on my own. His being physically attacked put me into a funk for a few days. I am grateful to know he's alright now.

Gordon

Beardedone wrote:Hey George! Glad you caught it. I guess this one won't scary baby too much. :hihi:

There were a number of events that turned me around over the past 2 weeks. In addition to those I indicated there was one I did not mention and only recently fiound out about: it was EW's being car jacked- this was chilling. Eric is a real prince and has helped me get through a number things I would not have been able to do on my own. His being physically attacked put me into a funk for a few days. I am grateful to know he's alright now.

Gordon
Gosh, I didn't hear about that either... I am so out of the loop. I'm glad he's alright too.

Amen to that!

gorgeous - thanks for the moment of pristene beauty

gorgeous - thanks for the moment of pristene beauty
Wow thanks Mayan! I'm kvelling! :D

Sweet sweet sounds Gordon

Happy belated :D

Barry what low frequencies are you seeing as problematic? I have yet to listen to this at an apprecaible volume- late night travail! So they may be really necessary to tweak away.
It seems the transducer pickup(s) are picking up too much of the percussive sound of you plucking finger,(thumb),against all strings.

The range is from 80hz and below.
EQing that out is not an efficient solution though since notes G and lower on the first E string fall in that range.
If you can,maybe try moving the transducer(s) around on the guitar body.
If that doesn`t work,try putting a HP filter in the transducer circuit...nulling from 80hz and below.(many soft EQs have a "rumble cut" preset...that will get it.)
Then try to compensate for the lost transducer range with your open air mic.Just a suggestion.You have to play around with it a bit.

I made an mp3 with that range boosted so you can hear it more clearly.
http://home.comcast.net/~newdabranck/mu ... rumble.mp3

Thanks Barry. Those are the fequencies I need to control.

FYI The B-Band A6 is fixed and in the optimal position It has an eq and a phase-switchable balance control for bridge and soundboard transducers - this needs to be explored carefully.

The AMT S3G is moveable and see here http://www.appliedmic.com/details.asp?ID=22

However I think the biggest problem is player-related - I need more practice at fingerstyle technique so that I do not bump the soundboard as I still tend to do - years of playing with a pick trying to project an old unamplified acoustic have made it difficult for me to break my tendency to hard attack.

I am still experimenting on the best poistion for the S3G. I plan to do some recording with my Behringer B2 when I can get a boom stand. I think if can capture the back directed sounds with an external condensor in omni pattern I might get a better low end sound. But I need my kids to be asleep to do this as this microphone pickups everything including the sound of my breathing. :lol:

Cheers,
Gordon

this was excellent.

I don't say that often but I really felt that this tune was amazing.

looking forward to hear more from you!

so, nu?

Thanks Seamoss! Much appeciated. Need time and space to do more. But I am working on getting the sound right so I can record a consistent set.

Hey Mayan so Neu what? :D Do you mean more stuff like this - I will comply.

Cheers,
Gordon

hey..IDEA: you could do a blend of this nice acoustic guitar with something electronic and it will sound 'fresh' ( as if it has not been done before LOL!) But I bet with your style you could pull it off nicely.Like some nice mellow strings, voyces, ect. Just an idea.

TC

However I think the biggest problem is player-related - I need more practice at fingerstyle technique so that I do not bump the soundboard
This is true...although I think that thump sound comes from two things;
-As you mentioned,your thumb attack against the string.
-And after your thumb plucks,then releases the string to sound...it hits/thumps the adjacent string.That string then acts as a "stop" to your thumb motion.That "stop"string thump gets transduced into the B-Band bridge pickup.

If you avoid adjacent string "stop"thumps,I think this will take care of it.(also hand/soundboard movements)

This effect is typical of most tranducer pickups.
I really like the transducer guitar sound.For solo guitar,the other suttle effects it produces,like fingers moving along a wrapped string,and other percussive string attack sounds give it an up close,intimate sound you just can`t get from a mic. :)

Very nice, Gordon. I am a March birthday so this is a nice present. :) Glad your week went so well.
Regards, Mike

hey..IDEA: you could do a blend of this nice acoustic guitar with something electronic and it will sound 'fresh' ( as if it has not been done before LOL!) But I bet with your style you could pull it off nicely.Like some nice mellow strings, voyces, ect. Just an idea.

TC
Right on Tim. Claire Fitch had me thinking about this for quite a while now, hence my R&D efforts. :D I have one track done I am happy with featuring actually PSP nitro filtered electric guitar and string pads layers in Kontakt. I need to work on my synth skills as they are lagging and I still am mostly preset bound. :oops:

I am working on my left hand technique by playing some Bach and finger arping. Thabk should clean up the thumps.

Cheers,
Guys

Return to “Music Cafe”