Orchestral Score for a Medieval RTS Game

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello KVRers,
If there are people interested in Historical/War/Medieval games & music, I'd love to share these tracks of mine
Sword & Faith
Bard's Tale
First Battle
Pride or Pain

Knights of Honor Full OST

Take care
Bobby Glorian

You did the music for that game?! Nice tracks! HOw much of it is samples vs real instruments?
Nobody's a nobody...

...yep...sounds very well balanced & dynamic!

please tell us which libraries you've used / how you did it.

cheers!

Hi Bobby

Great to have a soundtrack game pro around here. I love that kind of music. I am at work now and can no listen on my work PC. I will listen when I get home (PS that's why I post here to make sure that the thread gets bookmaked in my watched topics)

Hello guys, nice to see ya all!
Yep, I composed this score last year. The game is something like Civilization + HOMM3 + AO2 + Lords of the realm + new gameplay features.

The music is produced with sound libraries (70 %)
- Peter Siedlaczek AO,
- Prosamples Orchestral Brass
- Early patches

& Live recordings (about 30 %).
- Live strings
- Live Oboe
- Live Mandoline
- Live flutes/recorders
- Live voices
- Live Clarinet
& Gigastudio 2.5

Thank you for listening guys,
I am happy to find this great community!
Any other soundtrack musicians around?

Bobby Glorian

Bobby, great stuff I just had a listen to a few of the tracks, and plan on listening to the rest of them :)

You've got talent!

Bobby_G wrote: Any other soundtrack musicians around?

Bobby Glorian
Only a wanna be here. I work on some short indie films as a hobby.

ooh this is some sweet stuff :)

Im also at work and cant listen to the stuff right now, im also a big fan of medieval game music (if you can call it that), especially the HOMM music, the music from the last game kicks ass!

Btw, what do you mean by "early patches"?

hand_made_god wrote: Btw, what do you mean by "early patches"?
http://www.sumerauer.de/early_patches/d ... rzeich.htm

Bobby Glorian
yup. here. wannabe at least :D

TrekStar wrote:

Bobby Glorian
yup. here. wannabe at least :D
I've been lurking for a while, just working on the game Crime Life and sfx for the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy radio series.

www.earcom.net

pdwdpw, in general what's your most used method's for producing game sfx? i posted a thread a while back asking about creation of movie sfx and best method's, tool's and technique's to produce such media and got only a handful of replies. Do you record alot of stuff yourself?

Megazoid wrote:pdwdpw, in general what's your most used method's for producing game sfx? i posted a thread a while back asking about creation of movie sfx and best method's, tool's and technique's to produce such media and got only a handful of replies. Do you record alot of stuff yourself?
I do make a lot of sounds myself. All editing is done in Audition, location sounds recorded with a portable DAT and foley sounds recorded in a small acoustically treated booth that I have.

Generally non-synth sounds work well, even when heavily processed (usual convolution processing and general mangling). I have used Reaktor quite heavily on the Hitchhiker's Guide though, for obvious reasons.

@smart & vurt : 10q mates, very kind of you! if you want I'll post link to an official trailer, so you can see how the music does fit to the picture.

@Sepheritoh: interesting, I'd love to hear some of your works. If I can be of any assistance, let me know.

@hand_made_god: Yes, TrekStar is right, this is the library. I am realy keen on old instruments and I play mandolin, Ud, Saz, celo-tamoura & acoustic guitar.. Actually I played all the stringed instruments in the score. "Echo in Eternity" for instance is 100 % Live performance with mandolin & german medieval recorder.

Unfortenately there are some realy rare ones that I don't have in my collection yet ;-) and I use some sound libraries instead.

@TrekStar : Have you tried something so far?

@pdwpdw Nice to see a colleague on the board! :) You work in Earcom?How many musicians/composers work there? I'd love to here some sample of your work btw

Bobby Glorian

Return to “Music Cafe”