TC: Space Station

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fuuurkin lovely piece of music fella!

well-produced and engineered!

wow..still getting comments on this right when I thought it was getting buried. Thanks!

TC

Tim, this is pretty nice stuff. If you hadn't mentioned NASA TV, I would have guessed a latin terrestrial inspiration for this piece. :)

It's people like you, that make me wish I had an electric guitar, and that I knew how to play it.

:)
McLilith

this is very liquid.

Thanks again..and hope you can learn some guitar! But this was all MIDI guitar..so the actual sounds were coming from synths. The leads that sounded like guitar is M42 in WARP mode :-)

and yeah..guess it could be a latin thing..or " world space music" ?? LOL!

TC

But this was all MIDI guitar
What setup are you using for midi guitar? I am considering getting a midi setup someday, but I am waiting for a direct to midi module without a synth module. I don't like the Roland that much and just need a good pitch to voltage to midi converter. I acn sometimes get reasonabl eresult swith teh Lateral Solution guitar synth software but it is highly variable.

This is really good, Tim. 8)
-Res

Awesome :)
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Beardedone wrote:
But this was all MIDI guitar
What setup are you using for midi guitar? I am considering getting a midi setup someday, but I am waiting for a direct to midi module without a synth module. I don't like the Roland that much and just need a good pitch to voltage to midi converter. I acn sometimes get reasonabl eresult swith teh Lateral Solution guitar synth software but it is highly variable.

I'm using this:

It takes a while to get the feel, but once you do it has good tracking. You can have each string on a different MIDI channel so you could have different sounds for each string for some real wild stuff. Knocks however are no velocity setting..its outputs at about 90 I think, and you can't bend strings. But for $50.00...really great!! Don't know where you can get one now however..try Ebay :-)

TC

great track TC
enjoyed listening to this one alot

$50 ! Wow that is cool! I need velocity and pitch bend though. I undersatnd that some new solution are imminent at least that's what the guys in my guitar shop are telling.

Btw what's this thing called? Not that I'll ever use ebay though.

Beardedone wrote:$50 ! Wow that is cool! I need velocity and pitch bend though. I undersatnd that some new solution are imminent at least that's what the guys in my guitar shop are telling.

Btw what's this thing called? Not that I'll ever use ebay though.
its the CASIO DG-20 !! :lol: :lol: 8) 8)
But you get what you pay for..and for velocity and correct tracking when you bend a pitch..YOU PAY FOR IT! But for now...its really cool to play all these sounds using a guitar-like controller. Its just a tool.

TC

tconrardy wrote:...But for $50.00...really great!! Don't know where you can get one now however..try Ebay :-)
Looks like you got a real bargain. There's currently one on eBay, but it's noticeably more than you paid:

Casio DG-20

take care,
McLilith

late but I get it,
is sounds very space rock new age prog etc...
a good mix of stuff, great production and very interesting to listen to,

thanks Tim,

BTW I have a Casio DG-20 for sale, but it needs repair on the hardware part, the top screws which hold the strings must be replaced

Return to “Music Cafe”