Carnival of Fates - 2nd Version

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hunter wrote:Hey is that you in the pic Glen?
Yes, that's me. :o :)

That was taken a few years ago, by one of my best friends. We were both seriously into photography. We were taking some artistic photos inside a dark, graffitti-filled, pedestrian tunnel late one night, and I ended up being the "model" for a few of my friend's pictures. One of his pictures of me, from that very same night, actually hung in the governor's mansion for awhile. :o

I've retouched it a bit, to eliminate the dark tunnel background. (It was nearly black anyway.)

What did you think of the photo?

take care,
McLilith

Yeah good photo, always good to know what people look like. Bit creepy though, looks like you are doing some weird ritual, or changing a light bulb :hihi:

Hunter wrote:Yeah good photo, always good to know what people look like. Bit creepy though, looks like you are doing some weird ritual, or changing a light bulb :hihi:
Actually, changing the light bulbs in that tunnel is something of a weird ritual. :hihi:

That tunnel has perhaps 8 light fixtures in the ceiling. Each of them is protected by heavy, rusty, iron cages, with rusted bolts holding the cages on.

Local drunks, drug addicts, sexual thrill seekers, etc will soon shatter any lightbulb placed in the fixtures, so they can use the tunnel to hide in, and practice their favorite illegal activity. :o

One time, I actually wanted some pictures with the lights on, so me and my friend got some tools, and replaced all the light bulbs. It was kind of funny at the time. Here we are with a case full of tools, dismantling the heavy iron overhead fixtures, carefully unscrewing broken light bulbs with insulated pliers, while the electricity was still on, and standing on top of a wobbly toolbox to be able to reach the fixtures. :-o

We said to ourselves, if some "official" happens to come by, this is going to look pretty weird, perhaps the weirdest thing they have seen happen in this tunnel yet. :-o

At least, we are fixing the place, and at no charge. :hihi:

As for this particular photo, I'm holding a maglight above my head, with the reflector head unscrewed, to reveal the bare flashlight bulb. It's a pose that is often associated more with a dagger, than a flashlight. That accounts for the artistic tension.

By the way, the jpeg is named "Truth.jpg". It seemed appropriate, because truth is like a light in the darkness, and its effect is sometimes like that of a dagger.

Did I mention that I used to be heavily into art photography?... :)

Take care,
McLilith

McLilith wrote: I had originally envisioned a longer tritych arrangement, but this diptych will have to do for now.
I hate it when you use big words like that. I never did understand the difference between a tri-tip and a dipstick.

But I thought your piece was very cool. 8)

Dan
Those that can, do. Those that can't, argue about it on k-v-r

dgkenney wrote:I hate it when you use big words like that. I never did understand the difference between a tri-tip and a dipstick.

But I thought your piece was very cool. 8)

Dan
Thanks for the compliment, Dan.

You're possibly kidding with me, but just in case anyone wasn't sure what I meant:

I started to make a piece with 3 distinct sections, but ended up with something more like 2 sections. Diptych and Triptych are terms used by fine art painters. A diptych is two paintings meant to be displayed side-by-side, as a single artistic work. A triptych is 3 paintings meant to be displayed side-by-side, as a single artistic work. (I have a fairly strong interest in visual art, as well as music.)

Here's a famous triptych:

Garden of Earthly Delights (triptych)
by Hieronymus Bosch c. 1500

I'm really not an art snob. I've met a few people like that, and didn't like them very much. :roll:

However, I do like playing with cool or unusual words. Trouble is, they keep putting new ones in the dictionary all the time! How's a person supposed to ever use all of them? :wink:

take care,
McLilith

Return to “Music Cafe”