Carnival of Fates - 2nd Version

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's the latest version of Carnival of Fates:

Image(Click the picture...)

I'm getting too busy with some top-secret beta projects, to go much further with this piece for now, but I do want to continue developing it at a later time. I would greatly appreciate any comments on how the piece is progressing so far.

CAUTION: This piece has some LOUD SURPRISES, so keep your levels turned down till you find them. I don't want anyone to blow a speaker or an eardrum, under the assumption that this is another overly-compressed pop tune with practically no dynamic range.

With that said, I hope you enjoy listening. :)

thank you,
McLilith
Last edited by McLilith on Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

i much prefer this incarnation to the previous ...

really calls to mind the work of the residents from the 'freak show / midway'
period ...

has a smooth and subtle build , and an atmosphere rife with apprehension ...

the little ticking element , way in the back , could be brought up a tad ...

8)

Hmm... where is the link?

:?:

right click the picture. :D I'm about to listen. oh. listening.

Yeah, depending on how you have your browser set up, you either left-click the picture to launch your mp3 player, or right-click the image to open a menu of options, including downloading the mp3.

take care,
McLilith
Last edited by McLilith on Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

tshi is ptrtye colo mna. I epscllyaei lkei teh prta ttah bgnise at lkei teerh mnutsei. heeehh. yuo cna rdae it c'tna yuo? yse yuo cna. i'st a bnrai tnihg... :ud:

maybe not. but still. very cool track.

Thanks, tuz.

It seems that a lot of people like the part that starts around three minutes.

take care,
McLilith

hehehe... it's really cool man. so there's a v1 as well? hmm. better check it out.

cool
I like how you managed to include an organ without it sounding like a stock creepy carnival/circus organ.
An extremely visual auditory experience.
grilla

WOW..some unusual sounds going on here. Not your usual carnival. Good use of silence as well. I thought it was over..but it wasn't!Keeps you suspended waiting to see what happens!

TC

suburban grilla wrote:cool
I like how you managed to include an organ without it sounding like a stock creepy carnival/circus organ.
An extremely visual auditory experience.
grilla
The organ doesn't sound creepy? I wonder what I did wrong? :help: :wink:

Seriously though, most people think the organ is creepy. I think you're right about it not sounding like a stereotypical happy/cheesy carnival/circus organ. For the record, that preset was derived from a Hammond BC, but it's tweaked to be more haunted sounding than the original Hammond was.

Wow, "an extremely visual auditory experience" is exactly what I was hoping to create. I was also hoping to stir up some interesting emotional tension in the listener.

Thanks for the comments!

:)
McLilith

tconrardy wrote:WOW..some unusual sounds going on here. Not your usual carnival. Good use of silence as well. I thought it was over..but it wasn't!Keeps you suspended waiting to see what happens!

TC
Thanks Tim,

That means a lot, especially coming from someone who spends so much time designing high-quality synth presets. I'm also happy to know you appreciated the suspense of the piece.

I know this is a minimal arrangement, but I kept cutting things out that just didn't seem to contribute anything useful to the mood of the piece. This is what I was left with. I really do like the quiet parts myself, even though I did try to fill them up with more sounds at one point.

thanks,
McLilith

:D

I love the organ and the suspense to it all. 8)

It gave me flashbacks to the film "The Abominal Dr.Phibes" with vincent Price.

:D fake :D
You cant beat people up then have them say "I love you"

Return to “Music Cafe”