pHz v clueless

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's that 70's gear :hihi:

actually...shhh....but it's...

Free Alpha!

clueless wrote:steel drums?

er...no... :?
they first come in at 29 seconds and come in very often after that.
Mind you, I say they but it sounds like a single steel drum where they would normally be played as an ensemble.
Now do you know the sound I mean?
clueless wrote:timing?

er...

it's big, loud and extremely busy...but timing?

er...

:shrug:
I mean in some places it doesn't seem to gel too well - a little too loose. :wink:
clueless wrote:*edit* oh! you mean posting it at 3:30am/before it's finished?

:lol:
Ah well. You said yourself it's not finished. I was just agreeing with you. :?

By the way - not boomy here either. If anything, a bit on the crisp / sharp side. :)

Glassback wrote:they first come in at 29 seconds and come in very often after that.
Mind you, I say they but it sounds like a single steel drum where they would normally be played as an ensemble.
Now do you know the sound I mean?
i think that's a snare being whacked close to the rim (ouch)
Glassback wrote:a little too loose. :wink:
i suppose it could be tamed a little :hihi:
Glassback wrote:By the way - not boomy here either. If anything, a bit on the crisp / sharp side. :)
hmmm...i thought the "whispered" vocals sounded a bit like they'd been recorded outside on a windy day...

oooooh! sorry Mick - you mean that high staccato synth thing?

i suppose it is a bit marmite...

ee by 'eck. :lol:

It's the hats that sound a bit crisp to me.

The steel drum thing does a 6 note loop followed by a 5 note loop and first comes in at 29 seconds.
The vox sound good.
The 80's bass sounds good.

The percussion sounds a mess in some places. Listen between 1'05 and about 1'15 for an example. Maybe it's not the actual drums - maybe it's something clashing with them?

Sorry mate - thought you'd put the unfinished product up for people to tell you what they thought worked or didn't.
Anyway, I've said my bit. I'm out of here. :wink:

Glassback wrote:The percussion sounds a mess in some places. Listen between 1'05 and about 1'15 for an example. Maybe it's not the actual drums - maybe it's something clashing with them?
i'll have another listen

Glassback wrote:Sorry mate - thought you'd put the unfinished product up for people to tell you what they thought worked or didn't.
Anyway, I've said my bit. I'm out of here. :wink:
yeah, i did, and it's much appreciated!

Glassback wrote:between 1'05 and about 1'15
gotcha - there are some "random" spiky bleepy sounds from Rob's original track. i know what you mean, but i kinda liked their blatant disregard. :)

*edit* think i'll replace the, er, steel drum with a bit of Clav (when it comes back from Clav-hospital)

clueless wrote: but i kinda liked their blatant disregard. :)

thats what i like about the track,its music for musics sake :)
and to be honest theres not really much here id change,i like the "steel drum" things and the other simple melodys it all kida counteracts the busy and somewhat crunchy 8) drums :)
anyway this goes for the two of you, do more!

vurt wrote:thats what i like about the track,its music for musics sake :)
thankyooooooooou!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

vurt wrote:anyway this goes for the two of you, do more!
it's being discussed...

:hihi:

it's the weekend of unexpected music posts!

sounds good to me, not overly shaggy time-wise ... as the local Steamer's Restaurant says, "you've got to be loose to be good" [maybe not the best slogan for a restaurant, but I think I understand the intention]

hoping to hear more ...
5 twelve

Return to “Music Cafe”