minimalist ambidub idm

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tried for hours to write a bassline for this one, but have currently given up in frustration.

looking for scorn and derision to snap me out of my sely pitying miasma.

http://audioshots.com/auditorium/viewtopic.php?t=704

grilla

Nice one, grilla. Barely there dub, very nice low-key vibe.

I'm in favour of the self pity, so mope on.

that was perfect for this rainy Sunday afternoon...nice job

Nice work on this. Plenty of mood (I love that deep drone sound in particular) and as shamann said there's just a hint of dub in it, which I think really works well.

Well done - mope away as sometimes it can be very inspirational, as you proved here :)
Mild-mannered web designer by day - tired web designer by night.

thanks for the compliments guys.

Don't be too nice now, it might cheer me up!

grilla

So why not concentrate more on the pads ;) or get some crystal going in here...

Personally I feel the emphasis could be less on the drums and more on the spheres, but perhaps that is more personal taste talking.

really liked the opening drones/sweep - but then again, I'm a sucker for that stuff...also liked the that there was a lot of "space/silence" - guess I'm into "spare" these days...I might have mixed the percussion down a bit in comparison to the pads -or changed their dynamics through the course of the piece, but I'm listening through a funky soundcard at the moment and it's hard for me to get a fix on objective reality.
Cool piece, grilla. Oh, and nice beats.

thank you gentlemen.

I'm hearing you regarding overemphasis on the beats, but I've been so pad/drone oriented recently it was something of a novelty to dust off the old RMiv.
A change in dynamics is a fine suggestion mayan, maybe for another piece in a similar vein.

:D
grilla

Return to “Music Cafe”