It's All Clear Now

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After quite a bit of useful feedback on the original version, I've been working on a revised arrangement of:
It's All Clear Now - Revised version.

The chorussed guitar is still there with the same hook, part of the bass too, the rest is *completely* different.
I still need to add vocals, but I found a friend with a Sax willing to add the melody as a temporary solution until I finished singing lessons. (The sax still needs improvement though).

(I haven't yet spent much time on mixing/ compressing/ EQ'ing).

I appreciate feedback, to get me through my own limits regarding composition and arrangement.

--HansM

catchy tune man!

IMHO the 16th note hats dont work though.I can see the need for something to propel it forward but try a different sound....maybe shakers are a different hat (sample?). the sound opens up nicely when you take it out. Get goin on those vocal lessons because that sax isnt working either IMO.

the rest is good though...like I said catchy.
Not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good

Thank you soulkraka, a good suggestion to replace the hats. Actually I was still browsing through my ST2 and DR008 drumsets, but also found that for some sets I have to redo the cymbals for the entire song... But I hadn't yet thought of changing the hihat into shakers.

Anyone else wanting to comment?

why not

hats softer
make more use of eq and stereo on the sounds
bassline drowns in the sound - bring it to front (compression or eq)

the lead comes out very loud but doesn`t melt in the rest of the track. use reverb on it and put it a bit softer (also try using a more organic sound)

the drums are very very nice - you put a lot of work in them ! the melody and the composition in general is very nice !

remmie

emerald tablet wrote:why not

hats softer
make more use of eq and stereo on the sounds
bassline drowns in the sound - bring it to front (compression or eq)

the lead comes out very loud but doesn`t melt in the rest of the track. use reverb on it and put it a bit softer (also try using a more organic sound)
Thank you very much. En heel erg bedankt voor je compliment. This will help me improve my weak points, and of course improve the song. The drums have mostly been played on my Yamaha DD55, with a bit of quantizing and cleaning up of spillover hits afterwards.

The lead is Saxlab, but somehow I don't have much skill in getting decent sounds out of it (even though most other people can :oops:).

btw. I've been playing around with the new Kjaerhus GAC yesterday (after posting this song) :D. How could I ever live without it, it even has a preset for "strummed chorussed electric guitar" ;)

--HansM

Return to “Music Cafe”