KVR Contest Autodownloader *for Mac OS X* available

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello:

I've created, based in spirit on Garrett's Perl autodownloader, a KVR monthly contest autodownloader for Mac OS X.

It can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/69z6g (that's a 250k .dmg file)

It's been tested in 10.2.8 and 10.3.8, but not extensively. I suspect it won't work in 10.1 or below

Like Garrett's script, it reads the files from Markleford's radio playlist for the current month. If the playlist isn't there, it doesn't download anything. (So, in other words, if you run it after the first of the month, but before anyone has posted anything, you don't get last month's entries...)

It's probably pretty late for this month (duh), but I hope it's helpful in next month's contest. My email address is in the Read Me file if you have any comments or bug reports.

:love:

Hi Zach, It's pretty cool that you went to the trouble to do this. I'll give it a try next month, although I rather like downloading the songs by hand so I can read the comments for each.

I always get a kick out of reading the stock GNU GPL. :hihi:

PS: Would you like a nifty free OSX icon to go with it? I've a little experience.

Cool! Thanks! Yeah, I would say that I like reading the comments, and I do if something really prompts me back to the submissions page, but this month I did the quick and dirty downloads just because there were so many by the time I turned my attention to voting. This will save some time.

You™ wrote: PS: Would you like a nifty free OSX icon to go with it? I've a little experience.
Umm, excuse me. Those completely kick ass, George. Love the Space 1999 Eagle 2. I had a friend who had a toy of that when I was a kid. Crap those are really hot. Nice work!

You™ wrote:PS: Would you like a nifty free OSX icon to go with it? I've a little experience.
Damn! :shock: Those are beautiful. Yes, please!

How about something like this:

(It's a meat grinder with a speaker.)

...or this:

(The world of KVR I guess.)

... or these:

The last couple have nothing to do with anything except that they were inspired by Knockman...

I dunno. Still thinking of things - I just got busy at work again and haven't had a chance to post any ideas 'till now.

Return to “Music Cafe”