Ivilion - Terean review :D

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

got another review over on Chaindlk.com :D copied below for the lazy :P

http://www.chaindlk.com/reviews/index.p ... 0&format=0

March 29 2005

Artist: IVILION
Title: Terean
Format: CD
Label: Magnatune
Distributor: Magnatune

Imagine a peace-filled primitive world where the atmosphere is painted with swirling ambience, where intense tapestries of sound envelope and enrich every aspect of life. A world in which the air breathes and the wind has a mind and life of its own. A world where meditation is common and spiritual response is immediate and uplifting. This is a world of fantasy, a world of mystery, and a world of beauty. You can keep imagining this world, or you can pick up the new Ivilion release, Terean, and experience it for yourself in surround sound.

Terean is the culmination of Michael Weeks’ previous works with Ivilion, pulling in and adding to the structures started in his first release, Sartinal, and making use of the darkly melodic concepts from his unofficial release, What I see in the dark. I recently had the pleasure to review his other project, The Wretch, and I cannot enforce the difference between these two projects enough. While The Wretch takes listeners on a fast-paced trip through a schizotypal, A.D.H.D. crazed mind, Ivilion serves to take listeners on an intrinsic journey through their own psyche.

Terean is characterized by perpetual, evolving tribal beats, crafted on a base of dark, drifting ambience, and given life by the beautiful melodies throughout. Delicate, haunting string and piano arrangements visit songs, adding strength and body to the overall value of this work of art. While some ambient works are sparsely layered, change little, and drone into nothingness, Terean weaves its way into the listener’s mind, taking over the subconscious and inspiring 44 minutes and 44 seconds of thought and meditation.

If you don’t like tribal drums and ambience, I don’t have to tell you that you probably won’t enjoy this album. But if you have even a passing interest, I can promise Ivilion’s Terean is for you. The production on this release is impossibly flawless; the sound is amazing and inspiring. With Terean Michael Weeks shows an absolute command over his resources, turning what can be a dull and stale genre into a living masterpiece. I fully intend to dwell on this release for quite some time, and will be strongly suggesting it to anyone I meet.
Review by: Shaun Phelps

Good job, man!

:D

w00T!

And well deserved too 8)

Congratulations, Michael - great review :D
Mild-mannered web designer by day - tired web designer by night.

Return to “Music Cafe”