[wip] - Starfish, Chocolates, Hilltops and Lighthouses -HELP

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok.

I have been composing this track forever.

I've tried to come up with a pretty chord progression that's interesting but musical too. And I think I'm almost there.

BUT - what I need are some people that will help me complete this track and make it sound as good as I intend to. The reason I need help is because I can't play and record the instruments I have in mind properly. In other words, I need something like a backing band of sorts. :D

It's a jazzy/summery thing [isn't that always the case?] and I want it to sound something like a Todd Rundgren/Clientele/Yo La Tengo/Brian Wilson thing.

This is a VERY ROUGH DEMO so far:

http://www.pualah.com/demostarfish.mp3

and these are the lyrics [so far]:

Starfish, Chocolates, Hilltops and Lighthouses

VERSE: It's late springtime here
And the moon is full dear
Follow the street, don't stray
BRIDGE: And then I will hold you near
And these words I'll say loud and clear:

CHORUS: 'Starfish','Chocolates','Hilltops' and 'Lighthouses'
All the things we loved, all the things we loved

WHAT I NEED:

A guitarist [Gordon, interested?] for that guitar solo during the 'break'

A singer for the vocals obviously [monsieur McKenic maybe?] :D

A bass player for that fretless bass thing I do during the 'break'

That's it, I'll play the rest of the stuff myself. I'm going to keep this track sparse and intimate and kind of romantic so I'll keep the piano, I'll add some organ and push the synth melody that's already playing a bit behind and I'll probably add an understated bossa rhythm. And that will be it, I hope. :D :D

Alright, if you like the demo, please apply. :D I'll send you the chord progression, BPM and stuff and then we'll hopefully complete what I hope will be a pretty track to keep us company during summer. :D

PS: after the instrumental part, I'll repeat the first part of the track with different lyrics on the verse.

Comments on the demo welcome too. But keep in mind that it is a demo so tell me what you think of the chord structure/melody and instrumentation so far.

Last edited by TristezaOrange on Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OH YESSSSSS!!!!!

Please - Id love to be involved!!! :hyper:

So far it sounds like it should be in the new Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. The Tim Burton remake :love:

Oh yes please!!!!

Dave

tris, I just love your vocal performance! :D :oops:
peace, Image

Dave, thanks man :D :D

I just know you're the perfect singer for this track :) :) I'll complete the track very soon and send you the instrumental. Glad you like so far :D :D

Moritz Morpheus MkIII wrote:tris, I just love your vocal performance! :D :oops:
Thanks Moritzey :D I don't know why anybody would like it, but I'm glad you do :D :D :) Maybe it's the I-can't-hear-myself-singing syndrome but I'm not so sure :D :lol:

:hyper:

And for absolutely no reason at all, here's a picture of myself looking totally silly:

:lol:

giffers will show no mercy!! :lol: :lol:
peace, Image

:lol:

Let them try :lol:

peace, Image

Fantastic :lol: :lol: :lol:

chocolate starfish :-o :-o :-o

Return to “Music Cafe”