First post, with some music too.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.electromancer.com/artist.php?id=2c9cfc61c7

Hello all. I am new to the songwriting scene. Over the last year I sold all of my hardware except my Roland XP-30 and replaced it all with a software studio which includes Project5, Reason, Absynth, all of MHC's synths (Fatsoundo, Voxsynth and Spacesynth), some freeware (Synth1, Crystal, String Theory, Texture 1.0 and Rock). As of yesterday I am having a blast with my newly acquired Korg Legacy Collection and FM7 (my favorite). Been saving up for months and living on ramen noodles to get those 2 synths hehe.
I've been playing in small gigs on and off for years, but never had it in me to actually sit down and write original material until this last year. I am working to improve my skills and do see that I am improving slowly. On my webpage supplied in the link above, "Got Ritalin?" is my latest work. I figure within a year or two, I should have some top-quality stuff once I iron out the kinks and old habits. Constructive criticism is a big help in this area. Please feel free to give my tunes a listen and post your thoughts/advice. Thanks for reading and I'll see y'all in the forums.

Xenos

just a quick note to wish you welcome to kvr.
Just dashing out right now, but will come back to give your track a listen later

grilla

This is a cool track! :hihi: I love the Solina-ish warping pad in the intro! Almost expected to hear Ian Curtis belt out lyrics to Atmosphere there. ;) Great tones, but I think your BD and SD are a little too wet? A more dry and brutal in your face approach with the drums, and I think you'd have a serious winner. :shrug:

Welcome aboard, and keep up the great work! 8)

Hey thanks, Steven. I just listened to my track again and would have to agree with you regarding the reverb on the kick and snare. Guess I'll have to go back in and tweak it later on.

Xenos, I like the track "Ritalin" as well, but also found the drums too wet. Also, most of the energy in this track is in the higher frequencies - there is no "oomph" to the drums, bass is too lightweight. It's almost as if the whole track was run through a high-pass filter, or an EQ slope which favours the highs. The song also needs to be compressed to increase the relative volume level (be careful to not overcompress though).

KEv

Return to “Music Cafe”