Xibalba - New Piece

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all...inspired by the composer/technoid wars I put aside my various projects and sat down to compose. I figured that Mozart already dedicated a symphony to the Jupitor so I thought I would see what I could do with the Symptohm.

Alright then,by way of explanation, this is built entirely from one preset of the Symptohm. I fed an original sample into the oscillators and recorded a few clips using the one preset. These were then sliced, diced, enfolded, and phased but left dry (without effects - save for slight eq and compression.)

You can find it here. This is not for the blip and bloop-challenged. Comments are welcome...even ones alluding to "suckitude." 8) Hope you enjoy it - it's very different from my previous piece. It's kinda the bizarro version. Ha-ha. Me Bizarro-world Composer. Me Bizarro Technoid.

http://mayan.em411.com/download/release ... ibalba.mp3

So does this make you a componoid or a technoser?

Really hits its stride about the halfway mark, cool microrhythm emerges.

8)

I think it needs some *umph*, though..

Wait a sec..hey there's no catchiness to it..

:roll:

Thanks shamann! Great question. Let's just say the piece is a triumph of -oh- meta-melody. :lol:

workin here with vurt's antipop..
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

hey sickle...I hear ya...this was more of a learning exercise to see what I could do if I just used -essentially- one or two short clips of a Symptohm patch without any of my normal/abnormal sound mangling tools or effects. No reverbs, time/pitch stretchers...just slicing, dicing, reversing and doubling. It was an experiment that started taking on some sonic grandeur of its own. A paean to Symptohm which scares me and blows my mind simultaneously.

Very nice piece - reminds me a little of Ivan Pavlov/COH. Very deftly handled movement, I like the way it builds as it goes along. Makes me think of subatomic particles for some reason - like a documentary artefact of some low-level electromagnetic event.

xoxos - thanks so much for dropping in and making your august presence felt!

dystonia_ek - thanks so much for your kind words. Exactly following my lines of thought. It was quite experimental but I found the sounds really compelling in a quantum particle kinda way. Glad you enjoyed. Your posts are invariably educational as you mention folk that I feel compelled to check out.

Haven't listened yet but I like the name. (For those who aren't familiar with the language of the Mayans, the "x" is pronounced like a "sh.")

Sooo... care for a little game of ball...? =^_^=

Meffy wrote:Haven't listened yet but I like the name. (For those who aren't familiar with the language of the Mayans, the "x" is pronounced like a "sh.")

Sooo... care for a little game of ball...? =^_^=
not today...er...eat your heart out (or sumpthin' like that):lol: :lol:

Heeee! Burnt copal to ya.

Meffy

may chac be pleased!!

am i that bad? :p

*leaves before you answer*
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Interesting ... Very distrubing use of subbass and very high sounds ... leaves you thoughtful and strangely unsatisfied...

xoxos - absolutely not (I don't think)

Respirator - thanks for the apt description - yeah the spectral analysis looked like batman's joker's smile

Return to “Music Cafe”