april contest ... RULES & SUBMISSIONS

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I couldn't resist this month's compo seeing as every bloody Spring I end up with a miserable cold thanks to this crap weather we get in the UK

SpringTimeLatinThing

Instruments used:
Stylus RMX
LL2
The odd loop or two

Hope it makes you laugh

Dave

I was walking through the park looking at the cherry blossoms and thinking of a bright and cheerful tune about love and birds and bees an stuff, then it started to piss down rain and thunder and I started thinking about all the ones that won't be around anymore, and I got kind of melancholy, then angry that I won't ever see them again, so I wrote this:

No More (mp3)

No More (ogg)
Alex wrote:
No more singing in the rain
No more laughter, no more pain
No more Springtime in the park
No more kisses in the dark

No more breaking all the rules
No more more suffer all the fools

No more castles in the sand
No more brother's helping hand

Yeah yeah yeah

No more, No more, No more, No more
Stuff:

Host:
Fruityloops

VSTi:
Ravity
Organizer
Plug Sounds

Some cheesy weather samples...

Then there's 'mood bustin' me... sorry... :( :cry:

:hihi:

Thanks for listenin' ;)

Cough. Hello all.
Not been around in a while (good reasons) but here's something short for spring:
flor
Last edited by choochcat on Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harrumph.
flor (mp3)
Last edited by choochcat on Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FLS
aBsynth
sessions
rhino

crocus

Aw, hell. I've fallen in love this spring. She deserves a song much better than this piece of shit, but when I make her a song it won't be for a contest. Nor will it be limited to 2 minutes. And I guess the fact that the song is about me strutting, this is more about getting laid than falling in love. Both are good.

With the exception of the drums (Attack), this is all u-he. Oh, and the limiting is thanks to BGTech (who seem to be no longer). 4 Podolskis and a FilterscapeVA.

Pough Strut

My first submission ever. An all Wusik affair that I had to cut short to adhere to the rule.
Doomsday_intro.mp3
Comme on dit chez nous "excusez-la".

Now that I've submited, can I vote?
Quote of the day: "If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names."--Elbert Hubbard 1856-1915

I've been listening my entry for over a week now trying to decide whether I should submit it because it will probably offend everyone: it's got jaaath, words that rhyme, digital wankering, music thievery, big sloppy beats, glitches, crooning, the list goes on and on...
...so well, here goes... :hihi:

It's a little tune called "You've Got Spunk" that harks back to a time when bands weren't brands, music was freely shared and axes didn't have strings. I think that era is coming back with a renewed purpose. I used newfangled computer technology to mash-up the old and new into into a subversive Springtime song I hope you enjoy.

You've Got Spunk
Lyrics, Artwork

Clarinet: Benny Goodman
Vibes: Lionel Hampton
Piano: Teddy Wilson
Bass, drums and voice: Me
Special Guest: Cozy Cole

Software: Digital Performer for tracking, GarageBand for Instruments, Live for mashing "My Melancholy Baby," "Topsy Part II" and "Whispering." Extra effects: numerous scratchy old vinyl records, EAS Finis, Pluggo + jklimofive, Apple AU Effects, MOTU Masterworks EQ and compression.

Guess I went orchestral this month too..

April day

God bless!
-sttjelle

OK the idea was to have a little blues tune morphing into something more "spring like" funk but the funk just took over.
Then I decided to put a little jazz fudge on the top but the whole bucket fell in.
So here it is:

The official 128bit version:
SpringJump

Hi Quality 192bit version:
SpringJump

BFD
Trilogy
Elektrik Piano
Guitar: Epiphone dot 335
Kjaerhus GAC-1,GMO-1 and GPP-1
UAD-1 Plate reverb
baked in Tracktion with T-Racks

Inspired by Neil the Hippie on "The Young Ones" (sample from the episode "Sick"):

Hippie Garden Plot

And no, I don't smoke, party, or otherwise partake of the herb. :P No idea where the idea for this song came from, otherwise: it would be funny if it becomes an anthem for agrarian stoners! :lol:

The other secret "spring" theme enclosed is "old seeds: new shoots". Namely, the basis of the song is old discarded bass tracks from multree's (acoustic hippie ;)) "Contageous Love" from the "KVR Supergroup" project: I did three takes on the verse sections that never quite fit, but they finally sprout from incubation here! :)

The "new shoots" are some betas I've been testing. Drum loops, fills, and hits are from Submersible's "DrumCore" product. The organ is from the upcoming Dimension synth (by Rene@RGC/Cakewalk), and the arpeggiator controlling it is from Project5 v2, soon to be released.
lyrics wrote:Winter's over, finally it's spring
Sun is getting hot
Got to plant the veggies and things
Hippie garden plot

--

Till the earth back, water the shoots
Working all day long
Night has fallen, kick off your boots
Pass around the bong

--

(chorus)

First we sow the seed
Nature grows the seed
Then we eat the seed
(Then we smoke the weed)

--

When we get the munchies we eat
Lentil Casserole
Supper's ready, last thing we need
Smoke another bowl

--

(Chorus 2x)
- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

My entry is called Spring is in the air.

Link: http://www.panoriental.com/Song/0503-ph ... ir_108.mp3

Instruments:

Sampletank 2
Sonik Synth 2
Sytrus
Wusikstation
Vox’d
Samples
Fruity Slicer
Fruity Granulizer
My voice

Effects:

Frohmage
Classic delay
PSP Nitro
T-Racks limiter
T-Racks compressor
Fruity parametric Eq
Fruity chorus
Fruity reverb
Play it by ear

Woohoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Finaly i made my track, not realy spring related but it's spring time here in Israel!

Up & Down

Here is my Spring song "Another Springtime".

http://www.hairthieves.com/mus/as/0503- ... ngtime.mp3

The song started as me messing about learning Gemma Hayes' "Back of my hand", i.e. on an acoustic, in drop D with a capo at the 8th fret. I ended up coming up with the main guitar riff so recorded it.

Then I accidentally clicked Amplitude on and preferred it to the acoustic so stuck with that. Next day Groove Agent 2 showed up, so I thought I'd best use that and the song built from there.

I tried programming a trumpet solo, but couldn't get it right so got Emma (part time Hair Thieves live trumpet player) to play one instead.

The lyrics are as cheesy as a cheesy thing, so after this I might scrap the lyrics, start again, add a proper intro and another verse. We shall see.

Tools used
Cubase SX3
Groove Agent 2
Sampletank 2
T-racks
Cubase Double Delay
Secret Reverb beta plug-in from work
Amplitude
Cubase Chorus
Tanglewood Odyssey Acoustic
Vintage 5 string bass
Emma's trumpet

Remember I am rollasoc and The Hair Thieves. (I don't want to get disqualified again this month) :)

Enjoy

Rollasoc

Things to do in the spring:
1. dust off an old gm composition
2. sample your girlfriend
3. release the elves

This bizarre collection of sounds was made with:
FL studio
DX10
FPC
BooBass
FLkeys
sfz
Slayer
Sytrus
samples of my girlfriend and myself cut to tiny pieces in Adobe Audition

I hope you enjoy!
Last edited by birrbits on Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”