a laid-back moody rock piece

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not sure if this is finished or not. Part of me thinks it needs another section, another part of me likes it short and simple.

btw, how is the mix? I think my ears are stuffed up from listening to this too many times. I have almost no perspective on it anymore.

>>> Selector

I don't think it needs anything else. I like the bass, what is the sound source for it?

The percussion is varied throughout which makes repeated listening more enjoyable.

Thanks for sharing.

Genetic_Junk wrote:I don't think it needs anything else. I like the bass, what is the sound source for it?

The percussion is varied throughout which makes repeated listening more enjoyable.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for listening. The bass is from one of those SampleTank LE modules from long ago. It has a bit of chorus and distortion on it. Those samples are the only acoustic/upright basses that I have. I'm really tempted to buy something nice because I'm gravitating toward those sounds more and more.

-S

very timbrally lush within a mechanistic frame.. mix, mastering? beats me, but sounds phat.

well, might come in handy.. any mastering fx or is that composition?
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:very timbrally lush within a mechanistic frame.. mix, mastering? beats me, but sounds phat.

well, might come in handy.. any mastering fx or is that composition?
Thanks.

Just a bit of Kjaerhus limiter on the master bus. Everything else is the mix speaking.

Slick business..

Bass is needs some bumping up a tad & maybe a bit more release, but the track's great.

Good percussive work, too :D

:-o :o :shock:

Damn that's a great track! Seems pretty much finished, could be longer if you wanted, as it's very tasty and leaves me wanting more. I could gorge on this stuff until I'm big and plump.

Super!

I agree that the bass is a little low, or at least could be eq'd to come through a little better. But this is cool stuff. First tune with a theramin-type sound that I've actually liked for awhile. Great jerb, Shane!

And slowly this one crawls deeper and deeper, where on each rotation something different surfaces. Grand composition and production Shane with some beautiful sounds.

sounds like a scene from an anti-Western, y'know, after the hero has blown up the town and rides away leaving crumpled dreams and could-be's scattered like tumbleweeds. Great production...in the Western vein I might have brought out the strat-like thing that you have going but that might have veered into cliche -which this piece is NOT. Or something like that.

Nice track -- I like it.
It stands as it is but if you want to expand it it I'm sure it will work just as well.

Thanks very much for the feedback guys! I'm gonna keep on tweaking it, maybe sit on it for a month or two and see if another part emerges

Time to do some reading on how to get a good bass mix with average monitors and an untweaked room. ;-)

-S

Return to “Music Cafe”