pffft...tuneless, depressing rubbish(apparently not)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The second track has quite a good feel for being totally sequenced (I'm assuming it was ??) Much more live sounding than most sequenced drums I've heard recently.

Both are quite entertaining. Proof (though none was needed) that you can make danceable material as well as the thought-provoking soundscapes for which you are better known.

Thanks!!

vurt wrote:altho these were really done because im sick of people who seem to think because i dont use "music theory,melody" and what not that i have no idea how to use it.
Bullshit. They don't know what they are talking about. You don't need to prove anything to anyone.

vurt wrote: quite proud of it to be honest,altho these were really done because im sick of people who seem to think because i dont use "music theory,melody" and what not that i have no idea how to use it.
Did you enjoy making these tracks vurt? I sense a bit of fun in these, or was it just pure rebuttal?
Not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good

herodotus wrote:Proof (though none was needed) that you can make danceable material as well as the thought-provoking soundscapes for which you are better known.
Why is that a condition people are judged by here?

:roll:

No wonder my stuff's so niche..

:D

The first one.
The drums......are....... 8) I like the way you bring them in and out, some nice sounds and rhythms and the rest is good too. :)
I know size ain't everything but... Where it stops extend it, add some screwed up vocals, glitches etc without drums and return to the first bit.

er, maybe. :hihi:

Number 2
:o Drums again... 8)
Nice feel to this too, flows well but I prefer the first. :oops:

Two good tracks tho. :)

:D fake :D
You cant beat people up then have them say "I love you"

Sickle wrote:
Why is that a condition people are judged by here?

:roll:
That's a good question and I'm wondering the same thing Don. Maybe it's comments from some overly judgemental people that may discourage others from doing what they do best -- that whole stupid elitist "melody" thread.

I did notice though that most of the peeps making those comments never submitted any music of their own... wonder why? :hihi:

Anyway, I think songs like yours and vurts provide a literal wealth of ideas for most of us, so keep on truckin! ;)

soulkraka wrote:
vurt wrote: quite proud of it to be honest,altho these were really done because im sick of people who seem to think because i dont use "music theory,melody" and what not that i have no idea how to use it.
Did you enjoy making these tracks vurt? I sense a bit of fun in these, or was it just pure rebuttal?

annoying isnt it,but nope.i can explain why i suppose,basically what you hear here is the product of my not great playing plus a lot of quantising.the drums are programmed beat by beat across an 8 bar loop and so on.see a lot of "non hands on" kinda thing going on.
whereas when im doing what i normally do,its every twist evry key everything you hear is me at play.to me its not about what comes out its about the fun bit :)

altho after doing these they have now become more appealling in a lets see how far we can mash these live :D

anyway thanks for listening peeps :D

Return to “Music Cafe”